1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wasted votes

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 14, 2004.

?
  1. Voting for a major party candidate even if you don't believe in him/her.

63.6%
  2. Voting for a candidate you believe in who has "no chance" of winning.

22.7%
  3. There is no wasted vote.

13.6%
  4. Not voting or no opinion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

This is more instructive than I can begin to articulate.

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

See thats just what I'm saying. I thought there were two other children in that household but this doesn't mention them/ </font>[/QUOTE]Nope, only those three children in the household.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I will tell you, like I have told many others. The reason you haven't heard of the Constituion Party is because you are happy with the party that you are currently supporting. If you decided to do as thousands of other voters have and look for an alternative, you will have no problem finding out about that Constitution Party. When you do decided to find a conservative party to support, we will gladly welcome you with open arms. [​IMG]

4. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

I've met him personally. I can assure you that he exists. I can also assure you that he is making an effort. You can see his campaign schedule on his website, showing radio dates, campaign stops, etc. etc. But I suspect that you don't really want to know and will not check.

Really? George W. Bush and John Kerry sent you information on themselves, as a person? What did they provide, and when did they sent it?

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I have a conservative party which I support, thanks.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

No, but they have more tham a half-dozen people on an obscure message board who are supporting them, so let's just say the info is more readily accesible to those who don't feel like writing and asking a candidate for info.

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

The last time I checked Peroutka had more than a half-dozen people supporting him as well. He just chose to run his campaign without any unconstitutional federal funds, unlike your candidate who has no problem spending over $75 million of the taxpayers money for his campaign.

8. ballfan

ballfan New Member

See thats just what I'm saying. I thought there were two other children in that household but this doesn't mention them/ </font>[/QUOTE]Who are Holly and Dawn Hubbard?

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that is not a fact. I really wish that people planning to vote would learn how we elect a president in these United States.

You see, for example, I just read today that President Bush leads in Arkansas by 9%. He is a lock to win Arkansas. The Kerry campaign is not even running any ads in Arkansas according to the latest info I have.

Therefore, my voting for Michael Peroutka will not impact President Bush winning Arkansas's electoral votes.

Plus, as I previously said in this thread, to state that anyone is wasting his vote is a rather snobbish thing to say, especially on a Christian message board.

10. Pete

Pete New Member

Based upon what, exactly?</font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] Based on my own stupidity I guess ;)

After almost 12 years worth of driving taxis night shift I should be trained by now to expect the worst from people...but I figure while God is letting the planet spin there is hope that now and then someone might do something good ;)

11. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I knew that was where you heading. But, they don't live in his household. [​IMG]

I gotta give you credit for trying to be a good "forum troll", but it won't work. You are basing your whole opinion of Peroutka on one liberal "news" story, about a case that happend over 10 years ago.

I won't start digging through Bush's past. :rolleyes:

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I think it is sad when Christians will start using liberal "news" to try to slander and attack a fellow Christian.

I have spoken with Michael Peroutka personally on a few occasions. He is a fine man of God, and is a serious candidate spending lot's of his time and money to get the message out, that our Constitutional Republic is being destroyed by the two major parties.

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Based upon what, exactly?</font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] Based on my own stupidity I guess ;)

After almost 12 years worth of driving taxis night shift I should be trained by now to expect the worst from people...but I figure while God is letting the planet spin there is hope that now and then someone might do something good ;)
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know so much about expecting the worst from people. However, "the system" won't be defeated from without, however much Peroutka and the rest of you want it to be.

Peroutka won't win, won't even place well, because he and his aren't doing the basic things neccesary to get people interested enough to vote. Being angry at Republicans and Democrats for this fact is not exactly rational.

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

This is a convenient way to avoid the question.

Actually, I hadn't heard about these people. I guess Bush's past alcoholism is OK to talk about, but not whatever this is???

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]I don't know so much about expecting the worst from people. However, "the system" won't be defeated from without, however much Peroutka and the rest of you want it to be.

Peroutka won't win, won't even place well, because he and his aren't doing the basic things neccesary to get people interested enough to vote. Being angry at Republicans and Democrats for this fact is not exactly rational.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The current "system" will not be changed from the within. The few conservatives left in the GOP are all but ignored. The future of the GOP can be found by watching the 2004 GOP Convention.

What do you think are "the basic things neccesary to get people interested enough to vote"?

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Publicity. Publicity. Oh yes, and then there's publicity.

17. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

This is a convenient way to avoid the question.

Actually, I hadn't heard about these people. I guess Bush's past alcoholism is OK to talk about, but not whatever this is???
    </font>[/QUOTE]ballfan was bringing up a news story that was published earlier this year in a "liberal" paper. It was a story about a problem with Peroutka's step-daughters from over 10 years ago. Peroutka's wife made the decision to have her daughters removed from the family, as they were becoming a danger to the other kids in the family, and one had been "brainwashed" by her counselor into making false alegations against Mr. Peroutka. ballfan, who claims to no nothing about Peroutka, has taken the time to read this story about Peroutka, and judges him on this one "liberal" news story.

I never brought up Bush's past drinking or drug problems, or the stories about taking his girlfriend to get an abortion, or anything else from his past.

I let his current record as President over the last three and a half years speak for itself. Bush has ignored the US Constitution, lied to the American people and has spent the taxpayers money more than any other administration. I don't need "liberal" newspapers to convince me not to vote for Bush, he is doing a good enough job of convincing on his own.

18. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have a cousin who has lived in Millersville, MD all his life and is well connected. He's in his 70's now and very political. Worked for years with the Federal Government.

I asked him if he had ever heard of Peroutka and he says no.....

Strange that you can live in a town with the presidential candidate for years and never hear of him.

Peroutka must not be much of a public figure.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come the morning of November 3, we will still have about a yearly $600 billion federal budget deficit, about a yearly $600 billion trade deficit, about a $7.4 trillion national debt, borders that are still not secure from illegal aliens - including potential terrorists, American jobs still being outsourced, a spiraling health care cost debacle, and a benefit program train wreck in Social Security and Medicare heading straight down the track toward us. And we have no idea how George W. Bush or John F. Kerry plan on realistically solving any of these major problems.

This has been without a doubt the most lame presidential campaign so far during my lifetime.

20. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Publicity. Publicity. Oh yes, and then there's publicity. </font>[/QUOTE]Peroutka has been touring around the country for the last year, along with other speakers including former Justice Roy Moore. Peroutka has been on major television and radio natiowide. Peroutka has been in many different magazines around the country. I call all of that publicity!

Again, you are saying because you haven't heard of him, that he is not serious and not doing enough publicity. Admit it, you are happy with Bush, and have no reason to be concerned with Peroutka. If you were like the thousands of other conservative voters who have see Bush's true colors, you would have no problem doing as the rest of us have, and finding out about Peroutka and all of the publicity that he has been doing around the country.