1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Watchman Nee

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Robert J Hutton, May 16, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

You haven't said anything I haven't heard on this kingdom heresy. 2 Tim 2:12 is not speaking to the millenium. The notion of being ejected from the milleniumn is quite mythical. We should speak of this in its own thread. We have gotten off topic.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Of course it is speaking of the millennium. When else are we going to reign with Him (if we suffer)? There is nothing in Rev 22 that speaks of us reigning with Him in eternity after the thousand years. Rev 20:4 is your reign, and it is 1000 years.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

That's not off-topic. What you call "mythical" and "heresy" was a doctrine taught by Watchman Nee and is pertinent to the allegations of him being "unsound".

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Re 22:5
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.[/FONT]

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

And yet his name has left the discussion.

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I guess I need to read closer ;) So you contend that what is being denied in 2Tim 2:12 is eternal salvation? And Paul's admonition to believers is that we may lose it if we do not suffer?

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I was going to break it down but really vs. 10 gives us the salvation which is being spoke of here.

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Your going to have to break it down, because in verse 10 I see the kingdom.

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

How many times have you mentioned his name in seven posts?

10. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Sorry, what I meant to say was:

Your going to have to break it down, because in verse 10 I see the kingdom. And so does Watchman Nee.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I assume you mean the mullenium. The word reign does not imply only the millenium. And rev 22:5 lets us know that we will reign for eternity. In Cor we see that we will judge the lost and the angels in the discussion of Christians suing each other. The word reign has eternal implications and it is never understood in a single implication of 1000 years.

12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

None. Hence the suggestion this should be another thread.

13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Discussion of Kingdom Accountability is the enlightenment of the alleged unsound doctrines that brother Nee held to.

Is their another doctrine that you believe Watchman Nee was in error on, which you desire to enlighten us about?

14. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Let me just add James that I appreciate your spirit in this discussion. Others are quite inflammatory.

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

One discussion at a time is sufficient.

16. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What should the one discussion be about if Kingdom Accountability is "off-topic"?

17. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Another thread could be started on the issue.

18. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Thank you, I try to keep it civil. But it is primarily due to my belief that I am going to give account for every idle word at the judgment seat of Christ. If verse 10 speaks of the salvation that verse 12 is referring to (which I believe it does) and that salvation is the common eternal salvation of a believer, then that salvation is dependent upon works (suffering, not denying Christ), rather than upon the one work of Christ upon the cross and received by faith alone. How can I believe that?

19. Accountable

Accountable New Member

II Timothy 2

You stated:"vs. 10 gives us the salvation which is being spoke of here."
    But you have also stated that there is one salvation. How you you reconcile this statement without teaching an armenial view of salvation? YOu would then be teaching a works salvation when the others speaking here believe Salvation by GRACE.

Also you state that we are off topic. I have the writings of Watchman Nee. Since his doctrinal writings is the debatable topic, I too ask what you are saying we are having conversation about if it is not the rewards of the Kingdom to the Faithful?

Thank you for your response.

20. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Paul in no way suggests anything about earning any type of salvation. Where you will find that I am different from others on this works type of salvation. I believe to suggest that if we need to be Baptized prior to salvation is a works based salvation is hypocritical if we turn around and say that we must repent or anything else.

However, where so many get it wrong is a failure to understand John 1:12,13. And this includes the reformed theologians. The credit for salvation begins and ends with He who has the power to give it. After that no credit can be attributed to anyone regardless of what God requires of us prior to regeneration.