1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Water and Alcohol

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Feb 16, 2014.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that as we give ourselves over to our desires we become less sensitive to sin. There is a digression here. If you read the article, @evangelist6589 still holds the same view of drinking (that it is permissible under Scripture) but back then he recognized the dangers of alcohol. More importantly he recognized the temptations of Mike’s Hard Lemonade for him as he had been drunk on the beverage before. His position on drinking did not change (from what was stated on the site), but he allowed himself to indulge his temptation.The change was not in his view of drinking (that remained exactly the same) but in himself as he gave up his personal convection to satisfy his desires.

Sometimes sin is not the substance or the act itself but the conscious decision to make provision for the flesh, to gratify our desires. I think that when we do this we can often see a digression. The man who wrote the article looks nothing like the man who now posts on this forum. Sometimes we fall. The question is whether we stay that way.

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. When I am
    In Colorado, I am sure to breathe plenty of clean mountain air with the weed I smoke so that I won't get too high.I also try to smoke the green stuff and not the purple stuff because purple has more THC (For those who don't get sarcasm, I have never smoked weed. I did get high as a lie on it one time executing a search warrant. It was the first time we had seized purple and we handled it with bare hands. )

• Like Like x 2