1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Water vs Holy Spirit Baptism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by On the side of truth, Jan 28, 2006.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Salamander.

Acts two was different languages I think but I have no argument about tongues. :cool: I see there are two different types, one to communicate with foreigners and one to be with God on a whole different level.

I see God as telling us Acts two was a one off. I see God as telling us to learn languages as I believe He enjoys cause and effect rather than miracles not that He is short of miracles.

I believe in tongues but don't indulge and I believe tongues can be false as much as some who put their hands into the air can be false. As me, when I pray a prayer in housegroup because I think it is my turn or they might think things. As my friend who confesses he raised his hand because the others had. :cool:

Makes no difference to me one way or the other.

I see that an oppotunity was given, people from around the Roman world were in town so God blew the seeds of the Church into far off places before the Apostles sent anyone anywhere. Was it a one off?

What yer think?

john.