1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Way of the Master

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by bobbyd, Jan 4, 2006.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously...if so, i apologize.

Anyone familiar with "The Way of the Master" program hosted by Ray Comfort and Kurt Cameron?
    What are your thoughts concerning their view on modern evangelism and how they go about witnessing.
    Yea or nay? Has it affected how you preach or witness?

in HIS grip
    bobbyd

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

While I might personally disagree on one topic hre and there, I like their style and message overall. I very much enjoy the "Way of the Master" program, and have been encouraged by it.

3. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I think this is one of the most effective tools available to us today. It is not the be all to end all, but I think it is very effective. I use it frequently and even used it when I was in Romania in November.

You need to be well versed in the Scriptures, but this method can be a good way to help people speak to people directly about the Lord.

4. standingfirminChrist

I have the Way of the Master DVD and I feel it is a wonderful witness and testimony to approach the lost by showing them the 10 commandments and that we cannot stand just in our own righteousness. Christ had to pay the cost.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never heard of it over here in Japan. Can anyone enlighten me?

6. standingfirminChrist

In Way of the Master evangelism, Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron take witnessing to the streets.

They will talk to people one on one asking questions like...

'Have you ever lied?'
    'Yes'
    'And what does that make you?'
    'A liar'
    'Have you ever stolen anything, even a little thing?'
    'Yes'
    'And what does that make you?'
    'A thief'
    'Ok, here's the clincher, this it the one that did it for me... Have you ever lusted after a woman?'
    'I guess so'
    'Have you ever read the Bible? Let me tell you what the Bible tells us about lust.'
    'The Bible tells us if a man lusts after a woman, he has already committed adultery in his heart.'
    'Ok, so by your own admission, you are a lying thief and an adulterer'

'Do you know what God's Word says about you in this state?'

You can see where this is leading... an awesome way to show the person their need for Christ.

7. Erin

Erin New Member

I love watching The Way of the Master. It's one of the few "good" shows on TBN. The website is also awesome to check out. I used to have an Evidence Bible that they put out, and it helped with my evangalizing and witnessing to my LDS (Mormon) parents.

8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fascinating method. Thank you for enlightening me, standingfirminChrist. [​IMG]

9. standingfirminChrist

You are welcome, my Brother

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have appreciated their work as well.

11. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

12. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I got an "Evidence Bible" a little over a month ago, and i would highly recommend it.

I began teaching on interfaith witnessing and ministry to cults last summer, and this Bible has a lot of great info that i can use in relation to this.
    On top of that, it is full of all kinds of witnessing and evangelism tips.

As for Way of the Master, i agree it is one of the few good shows on TBN. I have it set to record on my DVR.

I have also used their witnessing techniques and they do make people think.

13. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

I highly recommend their teachings on my website, www.JustWitness.com . If nothing else, they will encourage you to go out and do "something" when it comes to witnessing for Christ.

Bill Bright was quoted as saying that only about 2% of all Christians actively share their faith. That means that 98% (for whatever reason) don't. I believe the Way of the Master program is helping to change this.

14. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Hey Brian,
    i just checked out your website and printed off some of the stuff on there...lots of great resources. Thanks for sharing the link!

15. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Brother Ian. That's a great website. More power to them.

16. standingfirminChrist

Here is the link to where you can listen to the Way of the Master presentation of Hell's Best Kept Secret online. It is a great evangelistic presentation. Hell's Best Kept Secret You can even watch the video online for free as well through a link on that page.

17. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Have you guys seen "What Standard"? (Link to WhatStandard.com)

It's the same "Way of the Master" method, except it's done by Pastor Doug Hammett of Lehigh Valley Baptist Church in Emmaus, PA. I think he does an EXCELLENT job.

In fact, you can order the "What Standard" DVD's with your Church's information on the cover and even in the presentation itself at the church's online bookstore, Book Heaven / Challenge Press. I don't know anything about this Pastor or this church, I just discovered them while looking for evangelism materials online, but this "What Standard" DVD is really good.

18. I'm4Given

I'm4Given New Member

I too enjoy their program and thanks to all for the other links provided.