1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayland Baptist Univ

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by AF Guy N Paradise, May 4, 2002.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does anyone think or know about Wayland Baptist Univ? It's main campus is in TX, but has other smaller ones all around the country even in Hawaii where I am looking into their Master's Program. I do know it is very reasonable in cost and it is a Baptist college. But I know it does come from a Southern Baptist view point. Is that so bad if I am a IFB? Any feedback or thoughts appreciated.......

Mahalo!

2. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bump....

Nobody has ever heard of Wayland Baptist College?

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know a whole lot about Wayland, but I went to another Texas Baptist University. It is my understanding that Wayland is a good liberal arts school. I think you will find the school accepting of you, although Wayland is a Texas Baptist school (that means it has not been altered by the so-called "conservative resurgence").

I would recommend it!

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wayland is a very fine school. I have meet many of the profs. and some of the deans they are good people with a desire to train willing hearts for ministry. They are making some huge capital improvements to bring things up to date, it has been around for a while so they where needed. It also has a very cool underground walk-way thing that is also used if there is a tornado in the area. Plainview has many churches that could use some working bodies and with Lubbock and Amarillo not being far away everything you could need is close. Hope this helps.

By the way thank the Lord in heaven that it has resisted many of the "conservative" take over tactics of the SBC "leaders".

5. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I start Wayland Baptist this Fall and should have my Master's Degree within 18-24 months. Not too bad for a enlisted military guy.....

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for you... Congratulations!