1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ways of sharing faith

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Mission Man, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

First I don't want any arguments over ways to share faith or I will shut this topic down.
    I just wanted to hear opinions on ways to share faith. I really dont know how I would. I would probably share some personal testimony.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Best way I've found is to twist the conversation into prophecy. With the Mid-East almost ALWAYS on the news daily, it opens up good discussions and op to share the Gospel.

3. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

I am just searching for the BEST way to share because I might be going on a mission trip this summer with my cousin and his wife. I am not sure. I hope I can it will be a GREAT experience.

4. Servent

Servent Member

Do you consider yourself to be a good person.
    1) Have you ever told a lie, what does that make you (a sinner yes,not a good person ok,but what does that really make you. A lier,yes)

2)Have you ever stolen anything, what does that make you.( A thief)

3)The bible say's you shall not commit adultry,Jesus say's even to look with lust is to commit adultry. Have you ever done that. ( what does that make you.)

So by your own admission you are a lieing thieving,adulter.

We have only looked at three of Gods comandments, if on judgement day you are judged by the ten comandments will you be innocet or guilty.

Why would God let you into His Heaven.

You say God is a God of love, yes He is, He is also Holy and Just and He requires payment for sin,Gods jail is a place called Hell and if you are sentenced there if is for eternity.

These comandments still apply today God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, He never changes.

The good news is even though we are sinneres Christ died for us, He gave His life that we may live. He stood in the gap for us,He paid the price for our sin, For those who chose to accept Him as savior He has promised life everlasting.

I hope this helps you with your witnessing.

Servent

5. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

No really that didnt help. I'm talking about WAYS to share not WHAT to share. I know what to share and what I should say I just dont know how to say it.

6. Servent

Servent Member

In that case just pray that the Holy Spirit will take over open your mouth and start talking.

7. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

oo ok
    But I need other ways.

8. Ephesus23

Ephesus23 New Member

I'm new to the faith and am just starting out with my witnessing and soul-winning ways, but I find that most unsaved people seem more willing or interested to hear the Gospel and what you have to say when they're in a time of crisis or pressure or just a hard time in their life overall. For example, someone who just lost a loved one, someone who had an accident, came near death, was or is in the hospital, etc. Those people are ones you might want to approach carefully, and slowly work it into the conversation, if possible. [​IMG]

9. bivocational pastor in NC

It is all about relationships. Sometimes you can share the gospel with a complete stranger but even then they have been prepared by the Spirit before you got there. A salvation experience is by its nature very personal. By showing our love for others and living Christ honoring lives before them opportunities will come.

Bender, the best way to share the gospel is to be open and friendly to people. Make eye contact, speak to people, meet people. Some of the best experiences I have had came in a checkout line. When you are waiting in line somewhere do you speak to those around you? It doesn't have to be about Christ. Start talking about the weather or sports or the price of gasoline. You will be amazed how fast the Spirit can move the conversation to eternal things.

10. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

Ok thanks that helps a little bit more. But I really didnt open this for me. I opened this for pretty much everyone. Just to chat about ways of sharing.

11. David Mark

David Mark New Member

I liked the mention regarding relationships.

One of the ways I share my faith is by sometimes not saying anything.

Example: I was recently impressed with a coworker who came to do some "high end" work at our site.

He is very talented.
    He has skills that I long to have.
    He freely shares information.
    He teaches.
    He is very calm under pressure.
    He does it naturally.
    Let me just say that the list goes on.

First of all, the first chance I got, I praised him in front of some of my peers. I had no motive but to give. I always keep in mind that folks are not used to receiving outright praise. So I did it with all the tact and good timing I could muster. It was very natural and it was well received by all.

The day he left I wanted to continue sharing how much I appreciated this coworker. So I mentioned it to another esteemed coworker. To my surprise this coworker was not impressed whatsoever. He even had a negative comment.

What did I do then? I kept my mouth shut. In my heart I strive to keep both coworkers in high esteem.

What am I saying? It takes faith for me to do this. It is love for my neighbor, and the teaching of the Apostles that keeps fairness up front in my mind. It's the concept of treating others better than they really deserve that drives me.

This kind of attitude makes me a "living epistle". It can make me a "light" in a dark world. I preached not, but I really did preach, didn't I? I preached a whole sermon by keeping my mouth shut.

I know this because folks are watching and listening. In their minds they are "marking" me as a certain type of person.

The door at work is not open for me to speak plainly about the Christ and the Cross. Nevertheless I am a "preacher".

It's a natural outflow of what is in my heart. I want to "win" them all.

I know this reiterates what someone else here has eluded to, and you are looking for a way to share to actual message, but to me the door is not always open for that. I also remember the Apostle Paul asking the Church to pray that he would be given the ability to speak as he should. He trusted God and only God for the good timing.

I am ready to share the simple message and I desire it. It is a simple message isn't it? It is a simple message that can bring life to those that are dead. Nevertheless, I have learned that the "door" is not always open for that and I cannot "force" that door to open. I've tried and it doesn't work for me.

I'm just sharing and I have countless examples like this one.

Every day I go to work and I "preach" with very few words. It's a "full time ministry".

Dave [​IMG]