1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We’ve got Jesus’ chant angers losing football coach

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Sep 13, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd Say That This is Good News...

...Any time Catholics can proclaim that they "got Jesus!" is good news? :jesus:

When I was in the mid-west, back in the late 70s I actually found myself worshiping with a large group of charismatic Catholics. Their priest taught salvation, as I knew it when I came to Jesus, and you'd never know it was a Catholic group of people, because of their lack of liturgy and pomp-and-circumstance. Even the prist dressed in the jeans and Hawaiian shirt. In fact, I never observed John in Catholic garb.

Before I attended this group, at the invite of a good friend, I had my reservations, but they were all quickly put to rest once I observed that his main theme of this large home Bible study was to teach the need for the lost to come to Jesus, and lessons in how to follow Him.

Furthermore, it should be noted, that more than half of the hundred or so people attending the weekly group, did not attend the Catholic church, including me. I was simply hungry for some good solid Bible teaching, and this group was like a four-star restaurant Jesus!!!

So, if this group could shout out "We got Jesus, yes we do! We got Jesus, how 'bout you?" I'd have to say they deserve a point, or two for showing they were not ashamed to proclaim their Savior!

Pastor Paul :type: