1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We are going to Phoenix

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by mcdirector, Apr 1, 2006.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I've had this in the back of my mind that we were going to Phoenix next week. Ron has a convention to cover there. But I had to get lesson plans ready -- Monday, I'll meet with the sub. I had to get my work ready for my lesson for my grad class. I've still got a bit more to do on that, but it's almost finished and I've started thinking about going to Phoenix! I'm getting just a little excited.

It's been five years (maybe six) since we've been. Last time, the boys were on spring break and we went to Phoenix first -- visited some archeological mounds and the zoo and went to museums. Then we went to the Grand Canyon. We stayed there and got snowed into the park. That was fun. We could hardly see the canyon because the cloud cover was -- well, it was in the canyon. It was late April and hot as the dickens in Phoenix so we thought it would be warm at the Grand Canyon. We stopped at a Walmart on the way there and got whatever winter clothes they had left. I'm sure we looked like refugees.

We'll only be there for a few days this time since it's not attached to a break, and there are no kids to take since they are both grown now. :D

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You should go during August. It will highly motivate you to do evangelism. You will very quickly realize a little more what hell will be like for those who end up there.