1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We are preachers or teacher or Doers?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Natha, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Natha

Natha Natha - India
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God made me to think more and more in practical life
    In practical life, in spiritual life, in physical life or in any matter
    As Christians we are Doers
    I have found preaching is very simple, teaching is very simple
    but doing is not simple thing..
    While some body is suffering how can i give preaching to him?
    Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
    Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
    Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
    SO GOD ADMIRED ME TO CHANGE MY WALK
    Some body came to ask me ..
    who are you ? or what are you doing?
    I am glad to say... I am not preacher or Teacher but a Doer
    I am glad to say... I am i am not preaching, i am not teaching,, only Holy spirit is preaching and teaching i am only the tool in His hands.. But i am doing in practical with my free will choice..
    BRETHREN I HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING.... GOD BLESS YOU ALL

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB, Natha! (or is that Nathan?)

What part of India do you live in?

I think that often "christians" present a conflicting statement in how they live (do) their lives in comparison to what they say.

In places that are so vastly culturally different than here in Texas, I could see how the living (doing) is by far more important to distinguish one from the ways of other religions.

Too often on the U.S. culture, the preacher, teacher are the only ones expected and held to a standard of "doer." The assembly often delegate to some "staff member" the outreach programs, and helps programs. It would seem that the luxury life style of folks are only willing to give, but not become personally involved.

The BB is a great place to share (as you have), and I trust that the seas of this web will not be so tumultuous as that you are not encouraged to walk worthy of the grace and mercy the Father has granted.

:)

3. Natha

Natha Natha - India
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I welcome you for some fellowship and friendship in Jesus.. THANK YOU FOR ADVISE.. GOD BLESS YOU

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it is a mistake to say that we must either preach and teach or do. Both are very necessary. True, James points out that if I tell a hungry person "Be warmed and filled" but do not help them, my faith is ineffective (James 2:16). On the other hand, if I fill and warm them but do not tell them about Jesus, they are still on their way to Hell, though they are warmed and filled. Again, though we are commanded to care for the needy, we are also commanded to preach and teach Christ.
    I too hope I understand. Do you mean that when you do tell someone about Jesus it is not you but the Holy Spirit?

5. Natha

Natha Natha - India
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes we are only the tools in the hands of Holy spirit.. He is guiding us and using us,, it is privilege for us to work with God in His fields,..

6. StFrancis

StFrancis Member

If we are preachers then I consider the one preaching us as a teacher. We are doers if we perform whatever our teacher tells us. We can be teachers if we have somebody to listen to us and do whatever we tell them. But since we refer to Jesus as a Teacher, I admit that I am a doer.

7. Natha

Natha Natha - India
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    wonderful comment.. thank you..
    pl pray to train and send more ministers to fields,, blessings