1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We Grieve With Hope

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Songbird, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Songbird

Songbird New Member

Yesterday, my husband and I attended the funeral of a wonderful man of God. I had only spoken a few words to this man, but he meant a lot to my husband.

The service was more like a praise and worship service. There were no funeral dirges--only songs that lifted up the name of Jesus. And the spoken messages were encouraging as well.

I was seated almost in front and could see the face of this man's wife. She has such a gentle strength about her. I could tell she was "enjoying" this tribute to her husband and her Lord. There were tears of course, but also laughter and many "Amen's" and the speakers spoke of this gentleman and his relationship with the Lord and desire to make the salvation message known to all who were in earshot.

I could go on and on. But one of the best things about being a Christian is being able to grieve w/hope and the expectation of seeing our loved one on the "other side".

One song came to my mind when I heard of his death. He had always battled illness, but he's free from this body of clay.

If you could see me now,
    I'm walking streets of gold
    If you could see me now
    I'm standing tall and whole
    If you could see me now
    You'd know I've seen his face
    If you could see me now
    You'd know the pain's erased
    You wouldn't want me to ever leave this place
    If you could see me now.

We'll see you soon, Dr. Walters!

Please keep the family in prayer!