1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

we have no WATER!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by donnA, Jan 28, 2009.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

We definatley have it good Gina, we could be without power, that would be really bad, our heat is gas but our blower is electric we wouldn't have heat.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Several of us BB members have had quite a week. Here in Western Kentucky, Paducah has most power back, but in some surrounding counties, not a single home has power. However, little by little, the power companies are making inroads.

My wife and I, and her dad, stayed with relatives for a couple of days. (He's still there, still without power). I learned that power was back on at our home when my daughter called Thursday night and told me that she had called the house and the answering machine kicked on. It doesn't work without power.

donnA, Ed Sutton, and other Kentuckians can tell similar stories. But I want to emphasize here that God is good and we have seen his mercy and kindness at work.

And no longer will we take for granted any of the blessings we have.

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our Pastor prayed this morning for all the people in the path of this storm. He also prayed that this would be an opening for the churches there to lead people to Christ as they minister to them in a time of need.

Debbie Mc

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Hay Tom, was wondering how it was going in western ky, heard it was pretty bad there, muhlenberg co still in bad shape. We still have pockets of homes with no electric here and there, but most are back to normal. Al schools are still out, some indefinately.
    So far we're great, we can use the water, they said we could drink it, but I'm leary for now, still using bottled water fro drinking. We are restricted on how muchw e use I was told this morning, I hope so, because I did laundry all day.
    Looks like our next winter storm has about fizzled out on us, we are expecting a few days of cold, and maybe soem flurries and thats it. We were all worried about more ice.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks for up-dating us about the conditions there in Kentucky.
    We are wondering if you see any Fema workers and are power lines being fixed?

We hear by TV 200,000 homes are still without electricity.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Everyone locally has electric, a few near by counties have some power out. One county across the state is still mostly without power. Seems a lot of problems now are trees down and not able to get to some power lines, these need to be removed first.
    Water company is still opperating on generators, but they got more back up generators so they are producing new water.
    we have seen nor heard of FEMA anywhere locally.
    Seems a little late to me, they sent in FEMA a week after the ice storm hit. It's those first few days that are most important. People not knowing where they are going or whats going on when they suddenly have no power, heat, or water. FEMA showed up when most of the power in the state is back on. A little late. A few counties still have people in shelters though. They are recieivng water, food, and blankets through donations.