1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured We have to obey Jesus!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You say a person does not even understand anything about God until he is saved. So then, why would God test us if as you say we were once saved always saved?

As for Biblicist, he needs to explain how God testing us fits into his nonsense doctrines, that God causes us to believe, but then tests us. Lol

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When a person trusts Christ is eternally secure in Christ. If he isn't then Christ is lying.
    As for testing, read the book of Job. God allowed Satan to test Job. What happened in the end. Job was more prosperous in the end then he was in the beginning.

1 Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
    7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You have NOT explained why God tests us. I know why God tests us, but I want to hear your explanation with your beliefs. Please do not just say to read Job. You need to explain why God tests us if we only have to believe. YOU said we only have to believe, and that we only obey because of love for God. So then, why does God test us?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Testing and believing are two different subjects, so I don't know what you are getting at. Salvation is by faith alone. God doesn't test one in order to be saved. God gives each the opportunity to be saved--to trust him as Savior. That has nothing to do with testing.

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What is your explanation why God tests us?

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The word "test" in the Bible can often be translated "trials."
    In the KJV it is sometimes translated "tempts."

First, one must not lay any false allegation against God.

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

God allows testing.
    James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
    3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
    --Testing brings patience.

1 Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
    7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
    --Testing tries our faith and brings honor to Christ.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God does NOT tempt us.

The Bible says God tests us.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes I agree with that. I wasn't being argumentative. I was simply pointing out that sometimes these Old English words are used interchangeably, and one must let the context define the meaning.

For example:
    1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
    --Here "temptation" does mean testing or trial.
    and "tempted" means "tried."
    God will not allow us to be tempted ("tried" or "tested") above what we are able. But he will allow us to be tested (tempted). The words here are used interchangeably.

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do Not confuse justification and becoming more as jesus! catholics state that one must co operate with the Grace of God well enough to actual merit being saved by him, need to heed the bible that jesus paid it all, and by faith we get Him and get it all!

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I am not confusing anything. Jesus does not even save us unless he who knows our hearts accepts us. There are things we can do to be the person that Jesus chooses. After he accepts us, and we receive the Holy Spirit, we must do things, we must obey Jesus, that is how we are being transformed into the likeness of Christ. A person could fall, drawback, and fail.

Exodus 32:32-33 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Psalm 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Isaiah 1:2 Hear, O heavens! Listen, O earth! For the LORD has spoken: "I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me.

Isaiah 30:9 These are rebellious people, deceitful children, children unwilling to listen to the LORD's instruction.

In Matthew 22:14 we see that there will be many that are invited; they come; but they are thrown out.

Matthew 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen." See the parable about the Wedding Banquet.

In addition, see 2 Peter 1:10. Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,

Matthew 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4. Here Paul tells us we could fall from grace.

We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
    Hebrews 2:1. Here Paul tells us how to not drift away.

Hebrews 4:1 Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it.

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. Hebrews 10:38. Here Jesus talks about not to draw back.

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Hebrews 12:15. Here Paul warns that one can cause trouble and cause many to be defiled.

My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, Galatians 4:19. The Galatians needed Paul to go through again what he had already done with them before, and that is to form Christ in them again.

Read 2 Peter 2:18, wicked men can even mouth empty, boastful words, and, by appealings to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they can even entice people who are just escaping living in error.

Hebrews 10:30, 31 For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people." It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The verses you quote are mostly irrelevant. They are chosen from here and there, OT and NT, no matter what the context is.

What is significant is the above statement. Jesus does not not even save us unless he knows our hearts..."
    This implies that there is a time when he doesn't know our hearts, and is not omniscient. Therefore God is not God. He is stripped of his omniscient. The God that you have described is not very knowledgeable if he doesn't know the hearts of men. Perhaps Satan knows more than God in your view.

But thankfully the Scriptures give us a better, a Biblical view of God apart from yours.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    --Man's heart is deceitful. Who can know it? God knows the heart.

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
    --God searches the heart. He searches the heart of every man.

God knows every thought of every man whether saved or unsaved.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    this whole discussion remonds me of peter saying to the bethren that why would the jews insist that gentiles be under the Law, for if jews could not keep the law, how could gentiles be expected to do it?

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The verses I quote are NOT irrelevant.
    You really need to reread and consider more carefully what I wrote, and then come back and apologize.
    Just because you think that, it does not make it so. I said Jesus does not even save us unless HE WHO KNOWS OUR HEARTS accepts us.
    Read again to see that you misunderstand.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have learned Moriah.
    First, I glanced over the references and quickly read the verses.
    Second, I recognized that my responses would be the same as all the others:
    --out of context; written to the Jews, written to Christians (not needing salvation, non sequitor (nothing to do with the subject), etc.
    In fact there is not one verse that you posted that clearly has anything to do with what is needed or required for salvation; not even one. So there is no reason for me to go through them and answer each one.

Besides that, I can't get you to answer one question, and you want me to answer all of those verses!!!!!

Try this. A Yes or no, will do.
    "Do you believe that "salvation is by faith alone, in Christ alone by grace alone."
    Yes, or No?
    That means Jesus does not know some hearts.
    What a weak and anemic God you serve--one that doesn't know all things; all hearts. That is shameful Moriah.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have no idea what scriptures you are talking about that you think I have explained wrong.
    In addition, it does not matter that some scriptures were written to the Jews. All scripture is God-breathed and useful for correcting and rebuking.
    If you do not quote the scriptures and explanations I gave, then do not just come on and say I am wrong.
    You have already proven that you misunderstood what I said here, and then you do not even acknowledge you made a mistake.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You did not read correctly. Jesus knows everyone’s heart. Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to those he accepts.

Stop repeating your false accusations about what I said.

You are blaspheming against God when you say that. I believe in the Only One True God.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have made no mistake. You take Scripture out of context.
    There is not one verse there that relates to how a person can find salvation.

You have made foolish statements in the past.
    One of them is this: "All of the Bible is about salvation."
    I challenged you on that, and continue to do so.
    You still haven't answered me. Show me how "crisping pins and mufflers," as well as "ornaments of the leg" have had a part in your salvation? You won't give me an answer because you can't and you know you are wrong. The passage in Isaiah 3 has nothing to do with salvation.

The Scripture may be, and is, God-breathed, but that doesn't mean it has to do with one's salvation. Neither do the Scriptures that you have previously posted.

Salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone by grace alone.
    You continue to ignore that on every thread it is posted on.
    It bothers you a lot doesn't it?

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When you say that God doesn't know the hearts of all men, then what kind of God is he. He certainly isn't omniscient is he? He is not the omniscient God of the Bible who knows the hearts of ALL men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.