1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured We have to obey Jesus!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Don't you teach that the Phillipian Jailor got saved by his believing ? You always go to that scripture. Believing is an act of obedience ! Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

>Because of our relationship with Jesus Christ, we are seen as completly rightious.

>The sinless perfection of Christ has been given, or "credited" to us.

>Its the doctrine of imputed rightiousness.

We are righteous retroactively in the same way that Romney resigned his job retroactively?

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Many times, you have said that we do not have to obey. Have you changed your mind about that?

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

How do you think God chooses us?

I know how, but I was wondering if you did.

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You answered your own question...."know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is IN YOU". Which goes perfectly with Romans 8:16. This is the only test to KNOW your are in the faith. Obeying a command from Jesus such as forgive one another does not prove anything, even the lost forgive one another.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, have you come up with a list of commands that Jesus gave so you might obey and not find yourself fallen short of eternal life? I'm sure you have them all underlined in your bible or written down since this is a matter of eternal life and death.

7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Bill Wald..

You asked me...

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are asking me. I have almost zero interest in politics.

I have no idea about anything that Mitt Romney has, or hasnt, resigned..or accepted. Or any other candidate.

But regarding the topic, we who are christians have been given the gift of Christs rightiousness. Its ours. Its imputed rightiousness. It is permanant. It is given to us as a gift..

It is the reason why Gods people, true christians, have absolute, complete eternal security.

#27 Alive in Christ, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
  8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, that question you have not answered.
    You have given no new information, you just repeated yourself.
    What is the test? You are saying nothing to explain the scripture. You are just quoting the scripture. Explain what you think it means.
    The lost are not obeying through Jesus now are they?

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I live by the Spirit, why do you think I cannot remember how to live.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus became the source of eternal salvation FOR ALL WHO OBEY.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the spoken word of God;

The Holy Spirit works through the Word of God.
    I would think you cannot remember how to live by the Spirit if you do not know how to interpret the Word. No wonder you are confused.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I know how to interpret the word. I could tell you more, but I do not want to let what is sacred be trampled.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul answers the question with the question..."know ye not that Jesus Christ is inyou?" Romans 8:16 declares the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are the children of God. This is the only test to KNOW you are in the faith. I KNOW I am in the faith because the Spirit tells me so, not because I have obeyed any particular commands for the day, even though I strive to obey and fail everyday at some point, my obedience does not give me any confidence that I am saved or in the faith, it is Christ alone and His Spirit that gives me that assurance.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When was Abhraham credited before God, was saved? When he trusted in God and His promises, or when did sime act of obedience? What does the Word state?

was saul of tarsus in a state of obeying jesus first, than the Lord saved him and gave Him his Spirit?

My Bible states that while we were STILL sinners, jesus died for us, why does yours state?

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You still have not explained HOW the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit.

You have explained nothing, and only went against the truth.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you don't know the answer to this question then you should examine your own salvation.

The Spirit bears witness to our spirit that we are the children of God.
    Does the Spirit bear witness to you spirit that you are a child of God?
    If not, then what?
    Examine yourself to see whether you are in the faith. This is a serious matter.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Abraham obeyed God even before circumcision. So what is your point?
    Paul said he was unnaturally born, yet he still shows us actions he did before he received the Holy Spirit.
    Paul obeyed Jesus and went where Jesus told Paul to go, s 6.
    Paul fasted and did not eat or drink anything for three days, s.9.
    Paul prayed, s.11.
    What do you think Paul could have been praying about, maybe confessing and repenting of the horrible sins, he committed! This is ALL BEFORE RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT.
    Stop going against the Word of God. Believe and repent.

#37 Moriah, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a ridiculous statement. The only one that was "unnaturally born" was Christ himself, who was born of a virgin, conceived of the Holy Spirit. Paul was a human conceived of human parents, born into this world like any other man. What do you mean he was unnaturally born?

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Are you kidding? I know how the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit, and I have already explained it, but Steaver is going against what I said and giving his explanation, which is no explanation, just like you.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Nothing I read by Steaver seems out of order. If the Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are a child of God, then good works will follow. If we simply do good works out of duty, because we know they are required, then they are like filthy rags before God. God does not want those kind of works.

So the question remains: How do you know if God's Spirit bears witness with your spirit that you are a child of God?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.