1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured We have to obey Jesus!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't have to do that. You do. One is saved by faith and faith alone. One is not saved by emotions. If he is prove it.
    Why don't you believe the simple verse:
    "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."
    Or the Eunuch's testimony of salvation:
    Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
    You don't get off the hook that easily. Stop your slander. If you don't 'fess up you will be docked for slander. Here it is again:

So I ask again.
    What do I blindly teach?
    Who is that someone else that has blindly been taught, and presumably passed that knowledge to me. Where are your sources? How do you know this. You better have some good sources as you keep on slandering me and others on this board.

Please give a well-informed answer. I want names and sources.
    Don't be ignorant.
    You used Romans 1:8 in your defense of the church of Rome being started by the apostles or at least an apostle.

Here are the facts.
    Paul wrote his epistle to the Romans in 56 A.D.
    He wrote that letter from Corinth.
    He then returned to Jerusalem, where he appealed to Caesar.
    He went to Caesar as a prisoner. The Jews in Rome had heard nothing of the false accusations against him, but the Romans kept him in his own hired house, guarded by Roman guards for two years. That was in 66 A.D., 10 years after he wrote his epistle.
    He soon had his first trial.
    He records this in 2 Timothy.
    2 Timothy 4:16 At my first defense, no one came to help me, but all left me. May it not be held against them. (WEB)
    --He stood alone before the Roman government with no one there to assist him or even encourage him.
    --He was let go for a period of time.
    --He was then tried a second time, found guilty and martyred (beheaded).
    He knew this would happen, and tells Timothy that he was ready.

2 Timothy 4:6 For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure has come.
    --This was his last letter written shortly before his martyrdom written in 67 A.D. from Rome.

Romans 1:8, the verse you used, was written more than ten years earlier before any apostle had ever been in Rome. The church had already been established, but not by an apostle.

Do you now understand?

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, but his message to the Jews was one of repentance. Had they repented he would have offered them the kingdom. But they didn't. Instead the city of Jerusalem was destroyed as prophesied. Judgement came because of their refusal to repent.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The audience is different. That is what you do not get.
    Jesus preached a message of repentance to the Jews. If the Jews had repented then judgment would not have come. Remember he wept over the city of Jerusalem. Why? He knew it would be destroyed because the Jews would not repent.
    Here repentance is tied to faith.
    That is not repentance. You didn't quote the passage. The passage explicitly speaks of faith. Why didn't you quote the passage? It is one of the strongest passages in the Book of Romans that deals with faith!

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You do not have me on any hook. I am not slandering. Do whatever you are going to do. I already told you that YOU have on your profile that you are a member of the Independent Baptist Church. Anyone can know what the Independent Baptist Church believes and teach. Do YOU want to say that no teacher of the Independent religion ever taught you anything of their doctrines? Even if you state that, I still do not have to believe you; however, unless you say, no one of the Independent Baptist religion ever taught you anything, then you cannot tell me I am saying something that is incorrect.

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You cannot cover up the fact that you said Paul never went to Rome. Paul was in Rome. Paul wrote while he was in prison, his ministry did not stop.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

We all have to believe and repent.

I gave you scriptures of that in Acts, Romans, and 2 Peter.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have ALREADY overcome, by the blood of the lamb, and by our own testimony...

Where are the good works in there?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you hold to that is ALL that God requires in order to save us?

before you answer, please remember that God asks us NOT to forsake all sin, stop sinning before we come to him and be saved!

9. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course. Only those who hold firm until the end will be found to be truly born again Christians. There are many verses which exhort those who say they are Christians to examine themselves that they should KNOW how Jesus Christ is in them. Once a person personally knows Jesus through rebirth they always know Jesus, and if one knows Jesus is God then there certainly is no denying Him.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And what position do I hold?
    Perhaps I have been a teacher in that church for as long as I have been there. Then your accusation is still false. When will you stop slandering people and pretending to be a god who knows all things. Those who claim to know all things claim to be God. That is blasphemy!

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How long will you keep denying what you posted. As long as you keep posting this every post is a lie.

You used Romans 1:8 to prove that an apostle started the church in Rome.
    I countered saying that no apostle had been to Rome at that time.
    No apostle started the church at Rome.

You in your denial, still maintain that Paul went there. He did, but 10 years after he wrote the letter, and only to be martyred. That has nothing to do with the origin of the church. You are posting a lie.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You said Paul had never been to Rome.
    You were wrong.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Show just one scripture that says we do not have to obey. If you believe, we do have to obey, say so, and stop attacking me for spurring others on.

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Bible tells us whom God chooses to save and reveal Himself. From the scriptures, I see that it is those who fear God, who stops doubting, who gets forceful about it and never gives up, who wants God more than anything in life or anybody, who humble themselves, who confess, who are sorry for their sins and repent of them, someone who calls on Jesus to save them.
    If anyone wants scriptures, let me know.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obey in order to get saved? No, for that is by faith in jesus alone, by Grace allone...

In order to please God, grow up and mature in my salvation? yes!

Thing is ALL christians would think same way!

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Stop being deceitful.
    Look at the posts and see how shameful your posts have been!

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1875975&postcount=69
    This where you mount your defense, in giving a list of Scriptures "why every believer does not have to obey the Great Commission, or go and teach everywhere." That in itself is a denial of the Word of God.

In it you quote Psalm 19:4 as if to suggest that God wrote the gospel: the death, burial and resurrection up in the sky among the stars for everyone to read! Did he Moriah? Why did you quote that verse then?

Now you can read my answer to your post here, and your suggestion that an apostle started that church:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=80058&page=8
    You have misrepresented me, lied about me, all throughout these many pages. It is time for you to repent. Paul wrote this letter ten years before he went to Rome. No apostle could have started this church as you alleged. You are just wrong and won't admit it.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

That is not what God says. The Bible says believe and repent.

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have not done what you say. You are the one who is denying and making up stuff that I did not do.

Anyone who can see can see that even the links you post prove you wrong. I do not care what you say about me, except that you stop following me around badgering me.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
    I don't see anything about repent in that verse.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Paul quotes Psalm 19:4!

Your links shows nothing that you say it does.
    As for Paul testifying in Rome about Jesus, he did! As for Paul going to Rome, he did!

Acts 23:11 The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, "Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome."

That is not true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.