1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Webcasting Church Service

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do your churches have this? Live web-casting. Today I viewed two separate services of a Church I have a difficult time getting to but comes very close to what I would go to if they were in my community. Now its not one on one, however boy was it exciting to hear the word spoken the way I like it (Reformed) & Baptistic. I did not have to leave home, go thru 45 minutes-1 hour of traffic, put wear & tear on my aging vehicle, worry about my night blindness or what I was going to wear etc. I loved it! Web-casting is perfect for shut ins, wives with young kids & people who don't live right in the vicinity. Wondering what everyone else thinks?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It cannot replace the community that comes with attending church. It hinders relationships that should form - remember Paul speaks of the "gathering together". In a pinch, it's great for if you are ill or cannot make it to church for some reason but to me, traffic or an aging car is not really a great one. ;)

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: We cannot obey most of the Nt one anothering commands when we do remote viewing....

Galatians 6:2
    Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Ephesians 4:2
    With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:25
    Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Hebrews 3:13
    But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 10:24
    And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:Hebrews 10:25
    Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Romans 15:14
    And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

Hebrews 13:7

7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

#3 Iconoclast, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it is. There are no churches close that accommodate my beliefs so bottom line there is no community. There is a marked void therefore. So until God puts a bible believing church here, this will have to do. I am grateful to God that he has at least given me this, so there will be some level of faithfulness.

And again the question remains, when a person who converts to authentic Christianity wants to go to a local church and form community, how does he or she do it when there is none available? Ask anyone from the Latino community down the block how they are getting to a church thats 45 minutes away when they dont have cars. Besides thats not their community & frankly, its not mine either. Id sooner go back into the RCC & convert them from there & then meet up in a house down the block.....my house.

#4 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We live stream our services and have many people who tune in and watch. There are also archived immediately so they can be seen later.

We love our live stream. It helps keep some people connected and we have a large amount of first time guests who check us out this way before stepping on campus. Our shut-ins especially love this aspect of our ministry.

However, we tell our regulars that nothing replaces physical proximity for fellowship. One of the challenges with live streaming a service is that eventually some people realize they can just sit on the couch and never connect with anyone in a meaningful way. That is a bad thing. So we encourage those who can attend regularly to do so.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have a distance parameter?

7. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

No, we've recorded IPs from all 50 states, Canada, and about a dozen countries. :)

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No sorry...I meant distance paremeters for what you consider a local on site membership.

9. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

You know, we've never set a specific range or mileage. In general we would say so long a person can make it to our Sunday services with some degree of regularity we recognize their membership.

We use a covenant membership model in which we hold our members accountable for their involvement and support just like they hold us accountable for stewarding the provision we've been given.

Its a good point. I guess I would say that we would expect them to be able to make it to our campus within an hour or so. We are positioned in a major metro area and Sundays are pretty open on the roads so that could put them about 40 miles away or so.

Its a good question. :)

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Elder Mike Slone(old regular on here), the church he is asst. mod. at, has a website that you might enjoy. They are ORB, who lean towards the PB's in their beliefs. Here are two links that should work:

www.oldregular.com

or

www.cumberlandbooks.com/oldregular

I'm not for sure which one works right now, so try both of them. Plus they have a bunch of lined-out songs you may enjoy.......:) :D

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willis...neither site is live.

12. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

What is your distance parameter to assemble with others who share your beliefs?

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My community

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what id like to know....how far do you travel to get to your churches?

Next question....lets say you have a community of Roman Catholics in your own home town & after speaking with them & sharing the gospel, they no longer wish to interact with Catholics. They want a real church where they can learn & grow....only thing is there is nothing like that in the community. And these people are poor...some are illegals. They are the dregs of society...most only get around on foot or by a bike. Everything needs to be close...so how do you propose to get them to a church 45 minutes to an hour away?

15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I'm currently in the process of planting a new church for the Deaf in west Texas. To our knowledge there are no other churches for the Deaf from Lubbock to the north to San Antonio to the south and from Fort Worth in the east to El Paso in the west - a huge area with several hundreds or possibly thousands of Deaf. So our vision is to start in the "middle" and branch out - in essence a regional church.

Part of the ministry will be using archived videos of my sermons as an outreach. We do plan to spend time in the outlying communities attempting to plant churches there - most of the communities I can reach in 45 minutes to an hour easily, so it's not too far to go to pastor the people.

I suppose we're trying to replicate the "circuit riders" of the old days, but it sure is nice to have video to fill in those gaps.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

27 miles each way.

You start a church in their area. You contact other Gospel teaching churches to see if they will start a church plant in your area. You pray to the Lord of the Universe to ask Him to help begin a church in your area.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not my desire to start a church.....Id rather work on myself (I only have 3 years of being regenerated so Im not up to the task... Im too carnal / I still like sin too much & so Im not the type) Ive asked 3 churches now to start a church & they blow me off. I get the impression its because I dont have a 5013C. Besides Im getting too old to start messing around with this. I want to get the hell out of NJ & move to FLA.....this is just dragging me down. Let a younger guy do it.....somebody who was Born Again @ 5 YO (LOL). Where are those guys to step up to the plate?

18. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Telivised church services are a great GREAT blessing! There are 2 or 3 that I watch quite a bit. You just cant get too much good teaching, be it in the assembly, or on tv.

Or the Radio. I listen to a lot of radio teaching broudcasts

#18 Alive in Christ, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
  19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, as an "older" sister in Christ, I would recommend:

* Find an older brother in Christ who can disciple you.
    * Continue to seek the Lord and don't get all cranky about there not being a "perfect" church in your area. Sometimes we have to go to the less than perfect and God will still use it in our lives.
    * Why must it be a younger man to do it? My pastor is in his 70s yet he had the vision to plant other church campuses in areas where Evangelical churches are fewer and further between. He raised up the men to do the day to day but he is overseeing it. He's not perfect at it but God is using this work to bring others to Him.
    * Attitude is everything. Rather than thinking "someday", make today count. Start a Bible study with others. Get together with some men at Starbucks weekly. Make a difference for the Kingdom NOW!

20. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Church that I attend is 32 miles from my home.