1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wedding Bands

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by zealouswest, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Brice

Brice New Member

You have the right attitude. I pray that God gives you the strength needed and that He will bless your life beyond this situation. You can have such an incredible impact in this lifetime, use it and don't let people or situations bring you down. God bless you and I will continue to pray for you.

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Ditto what Thankful said. [​IMG]

I love wearing my wedding band. [​IMG]

3. Daughter

Daughter New Member

I love wearing mine too! Tomorrow is our 5 month anniversary [​IMG]

4. Daughter

Daughter New Member

D28guy - sorry to hear your sad news. May God continue to be your comfort and strength.

5. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our wedding rings are a gold band with a cross etched into it as the "design." We are joined together by God for His purpose. I'd say that qualifies.

6. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Amen, Sister Wife [​IMG] [​IMG] - you are right on! [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG]
    I really do love both of you. What a great post!! I feel like I am reading an exchange between Robert and Susan Browning!!

May God shower both of you with His Blessings,
    BiR (heading for Ohio)

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Mike,

You are both on my prayer list.

Regards,
    BiR

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I don't care one bit. It's an outward symbol of my commtment. I would just as soon take it off as I would put a gun to my head.

And if my wife had her way, if I ever took it off, that's exactly what would happen [​IMG]

If someone wnats to think less of me because I wear my ring and wear it proudly, that's their insecurity to bear, not mine.

Besides, our rings are replicas of "the one ring" from Lord of the Rings (inscribed with a love poem in Elvish). They cost me a fortune, and had to have them shipped from the UK. You bet, I'm showing it off [​IMG]

9. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

zealouswest said:

They are a pagan symbol that many (most) Christians use to seal their Marriage Sacrement/Covenant (call it what you please).

In contemporary Western society, wedding rings are not "pagan." They are religiously neutral symbols that signify the wearer's married status, nothing more.

10. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

Gen. 24 relates the story of Abraham's servant who was sent to find a wife for Isaac.

When he did, he gave her a ring.
    Of course it was for her nose, not her finger.
    He also gave her earrings, which may have been occassionaly frowned upon in Christian churches from time to time.

Finger rings are found throughout the Bible, so I am hesitant to cede the tradition to paganism.

MR