1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Weighing in on the Trayvon Case pt2

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Gershom, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I love being in the rain, provided it's not storming. Why is that in any way abnormal? I swim, take showers, I love to feel raindrops running down my skin. It's refreshing and beautiful.

I also will go out walking at midnight, 2am, whatever, either just to walk or to go to the gas station down the road.

It's something I quit doing for the last few weeks though, as there have been a lot of random shootings, rapes, and guys grabbing girls or slowing the car to try to talk. It's a shame, because that's when it's quiet, cool, and nice out!

Point being...I'm not a criminal. I just enjoy the cool of the night and the quietness it brings. So much so that I used to work third shift and do my grocery shopping on my nights off, often at 2am, 4 am, whenever. It's not weird or abnormal.

Is it? LOL Quit making me question myself!

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

There seems to be a lot of judgements being made based on what the media wants to report. What is and is not reported is based on political correctness and is motivated by TV news ratings. The full unedited story, based on evidence, has not come out. That's what the trial's for.

If I ever go on trial for something, I hope to have a jury made up of people less biased than some here.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I see...this director was in charge of Zimmerman's neighborhood? I bet.

Enough said.

I've listened to as much as I can get. Fact is we are not privy to ALL the information, so to make declarations of guilt as has been done on this thread is ignorant.

Good for you.

Back to begging the question. He has not been found guilty of murder, hence he is not a murderer (question begging). This is the same tripe parroted by the liberal, racist media.
    Mount someone and beat the tar out of them? Yeah...whatever you say.

What racial prejudice? Both men are minorities. There was no race crime. You and your liberal media keep playing it up as a white on black crime when it was anything but.

This is like talking to a wall.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Didn't anyone in the entire conversation bring up race but YOU. So like I said, you've done nothing but expose YOUR own racial prejudices

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually you were the one to bring up skin color first in post #6...so based on YOUR own logic...you've done nothing but expose YOUR own racial prejudices. I merely replied in kind.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The girlfriends story has changed several times so she is not a plausible witness. And yes she has every reason to lie about it.
    According to Zimmerman's account, Martin attacked him, pushing him to the ground. Several witnesses cited in police reports confirm seeing a young black man in a hoodie straddling a "white or Hispanic male" on the ground and punching him. One witness said he was punching him mixed-martial-arts-style. Police say Zimmerman can be heard calling for help at least fourteen times on an audio recording of a 911 call at the time. Then there was a pop and witnesses say they saw the man on top keel over, and Zimmerman get out from under him.
    He stood up and took a couple steps away and put his hands on his head and then walked back over to the guy on the ground. He looked at him for a minute, then started to walk away toward the road. That is when the police walked up.
    Police reports and Martin's autopsy seem to corroborate the story that there was a scuffle of some sort. George Zimmerman had two black eyes, a fractured nose, head lacerations, a minor back injury, and skinned knuckles, while the back of his clothes were stained with wet grass. Martin had an abrasion on one of his left fingers and was shot from as little as one inch (though possibly as far as three feet) away.

There is absolutely no marks on the victim to suggest that Zimmerman ever hit him. He had ever right to shoot him.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

This was not a race crime. That is the claim of the liberal movement.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't say it was a race crime. Webdog started talking about White Hispanic.

The girlfriend's account is no more less plausible than that of the man who has shown himself to be a repeated liar.

And as was said, nobody disputes that Zimmerman got the snot beat out of him. According to the law and what he did, Trayvon had legal grounds to do it.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No you are incorrect. The girl has already proven that she is a liar by conflecting statments and her association makes it even more suspicious. No one has the right to attack another just because they are being watched or followed. What Zimmerman did saved his own life and we all have that right. Trayvon had no marks on him which proves he was not attacked first. Zimmerman did have marks and cuts and the evidence proves the case along with the witness' who saw him being beaten up.

As for Zimmerman lying. This is a corrupt judge and how much money someone has is not to be how bond is set. This judge was trying to bleed Zimmerman so he could not have a defense team and that is clear even with the second bond. I agree that Zimmerman made a stupid decision about the money they had, but he is fighting for his life against a corrupt prosecutor and judge.
    That does not mean he is lying about what happened and unless it can be proven he is then he is, in this country suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, but sadly very few today hold to our constitution including the prosecutor and judge in this case.

#29 freeatlast, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed; We're talking about the one she liked tremendously (perhaps even loved?), so she has every motive to say whatever it takes to put the man who shot her boyfriend behind bars. As FAL has pointed out, her story has changed more than once.

And likewise, Zimmerman has shown himself to be less than credible, and gives the appearance that he'll say whatever it takes to defend himself.

I actually agree with Zaac on this one. Both men had rights under Stand Your Ground to perform the actions they did.

But here's where Webdog is also correct:
    This is similar to discussions we've had over the last 6 months regarding Occupy protests and police. We're all quick to rush to judgment, based on the initial facts. We'll have to see what else comes out during the trial.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now your credibility is at question. I already pointed out you were the one to introduce color in this thread. The term being used daily to describe Zimmerman is a joke, and does nothing but fuel this unfortunate encounter as being a racial profiling hate crime which it clearly is not. They even tried saying he made a racial slur when he didn't.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't care about you questioning my credibility. :laugh:

I introduced a question. You introduced your obvious racial prejudice

I don't care what term is being used to describe Zimmerman. If there was an element of racial profiling, big deal. That wouldn't bode well for Zimmerman in the court of public opinion. But the problem in this case is that he murdered someone.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No, the problem is his attacker made the mistake of jumping on the wrong person and it cost him his life.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

quite mature.

you are a liar. I'm neither hispanic nor black. Foolish accusation.

see, you have already found him guilty of murder. You are worse than our liberal media as you claim to be a believer. There was no element of profiling...minorities don't profile minorities.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Here is my "Skinny" on the upcoming trial

If Zimmerman is proven "not guilty"------that fact alone will perhaps unleash the largest wide scale riots in United States history-----the nation's state governors had better be prepared to call up his/her National Guardsmen---as well as even perhaps the President be prepared to calling Federal troops(as in the 101st Airborne---or the 10th Mountain Divisions) in to handle the potential riots that I predict will ensue if the verdict comes back "not guilty" or "innocent"

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Actually we know two things and essentially everything else is speculation.

1. A teenage boy is dead!

2. Zimmerman made a mistake getting out of his car!

17. mandym

mandym New Member

Actually we know more. The Trayvon family originally came out holding no malice to Zimmerman saying it was just an accident. Then the NAAACP got a hold of them and now Zimmerman is being torn apart.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-says-zimmerman-killed-him-in-cold-blood?lite

#37 mandym, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
  18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There was no wrong done or law broken by getting out of the car. That is just ridiculous.
    So we know one person is dead and he is dead because he attacked another person who had a gun. The attacker made the mistake not Zimmerman. Zimmerman was fearing for his life and so would you or anyone else who is on the ground being beaten.

19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One fact I feel 99.99% sure of - this whole scenario will be nothing more that a CYA for the DA because the "PC" police have made it very clear, via all the race-baiters and the MSM (but I repeat myself), that they will accept nothing less than this being a certified hate crime!!

Such is a society when PCism is so rampant, and all the politicos are afraid to be honest.