1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Weird Things Found In Restaurant Food

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rippon, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do a number of you have some stories to tell about finding inappropriate items in restaurant food?Discovering strands of hair is nothing noteworthy. (Disgusting,but not newsworthy).

I went to a local Outback Steakhouse Wed. night and found a toothpick in my fries.It was the same color as the fries (chips to you Brits).Of course it was much more narrow.When I brought it to the attention of a waitress she just said "Sorry".The response might have been a bit different in the States.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see. . .

Once at a Mexican restaurant I had LOTS of broken glass pieces mixed in with the tortillas. They weren't noticable until I started eating them, though, as there was a layer of tortillas on top.

My grandfather once found two straight pins in his mashed potatoes at a buffet.

I once found a whole dead, cooked cockroach in my cashew chicken from a Chinese carryout. That experience put me on a homecooked-only diet really quick! Sorry if that was too much info.:saint:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

My mother had a brillow pad in her soup once, and a snake head in a can of green beans :)

4. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dad found a live centipede in his Sprite at a Hardees a few years back. He'd never have known if he didn't stop by the register for a refill. Saw it when he took the lid off. Only a few legs missing. Eeewww, I was with him and 'bout tossed my cookies!! :eek:

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weird things? How about just finding the food? I went to a fancy restaurant with madre the other day. Everything on the menu was written in French. I saw where they has poison on the menu. I suggested we bring the MIL along next time. :praying:

madre says it ain't poison. It's called poisson which apparently in French is fish. Why don't they just call it fish-ay?

Anyway, I want a steak but all I could get was boeuf. Well, they bring me this 14 inch dinner plate with about 3 inches of food on it. The waiter stops at the table and asks, "How did monsieur find his steak this evening?"

"It was pretty easy, Garcon. I moved that twig of parsley and there it was."

Now it is possible that that boeuf was rump roast of rat. It wasn't much bigger than the size of a good healthy grain rat.... Hey, who knows? If your going to eat a rat for supper remember.... at least an American restaurant has the decency to batter and deep fry it before serving! :applause:

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

This entire post had me ROFLOL! You're awesome, thank you!

7. OcalaGator

OcalaGator New Member

I once found a whole mouse in a quart of
    chocolate milk which I was having fof lunch. I discovered it in the bottom haif of the container, when it started hitting my lip, as I drank.

I wasn't a very nice guy then, about 6-6 and around 275. Things got REAL ugly, REAL quick!

Come to think of it, that store was more than happy to give me free lunch stuff for quite awhile

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My MIL "claims" she had a dead spider on her fish meal at Captain D's-----but it was her word against theirs!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

I once was drinking a Dr Pepper from a can while I was driving along the highway--------also eating a bag of Planter's peanuts--------I took a big "swig" from the can and something hard entered my mouth while I was drinkin' from the can and it washed down my throat before I could spit it out---------I had the Dr Pepper can sittin' between my legs while I was drivin' and I "believe" it was a peanut dropped from the Planter's bag I was eating--------but to this day I can't be totally sure

But that wasn't enough to stop me from drinkin' and eatin' while I am drivin'!!!:thumbs: :laugh:

9. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Not in the restaurant, but my own fridge in an apartment I shared when I was about 19. It was a hot summer day, and I had been outside working, (probably mowing) when I got thirsty. I came in opened the fridge and saw a container of milk that I just knew would hit the spot. Being nineteen and not wanting to bother with a glass, I just swigged it down directly from the container. Boy did it taste great, and I thought wow it is so nice and cold it even has a little frozen pieces it. Well, as my mind started catching up with my senses, I realized it didn't taste good at all. I then realized it was not icy cold milk but rather spoiled curdled milk with chunks in it that I had swallowed quite a lot of.

My second one was when I was probably about ten, and I was eating an apple. You guessed it, just like the old joke, what is worse than seeing a worm in an apple your eating, seeing half a worm. It was probably a year until I would eat and apple without my mom first slicing it up for me.

Nothing real bad, but those are my stories.

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Exactly! Especially finding something that is actually nutritious and healthy!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

#10 EdSutton, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
  11. Reformer

Reformer New Member

Maybe it is something about the Outback, I was at an Outback and as I was eating my wonderful mouthwatering Cheese Fries I noticed a gritty sandy type of feeling, kind of like a chipped tooth. As I looked closer at the plate I saw that apparently they had chipped the plate and little "chips" were still there. I brought it to attn of the waiter, they were very apologetic and gave me another serving of Cheese Fries, and as best as I remember I got a discount off the total bill.

To top that off the next day they called me to ask how I was, still don't know how they got my phone number, if I gave it to them I don't remember it. I just remember them being so paranoid that it amassed me, I told them repeatedly I'm fine and I'm not the frivolous lawsuit type. I guess they didn't believe me. It just wasn't a big deal to me, but it was to them.

Now had I found a mouse in my milk somebody would have paid with BLOOD, that is almost "justifiable homicide" That's worse than disgusting.[​IMG]

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two days later I was given a free meal at the same establishment.

It depends if the mouse is dead or alive.But mouse bits in North Korea would be a delicacy.