1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Welsh Church weeks schedule in 1905

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Found a short article by John Piper, "The American Revival of 1905":

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/taste-see-articles/the-american-revival-of-1905

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can't, but God could:thumbs:

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It was not my intention in joining this board to be contentious/pick fights. I joined so that I could ask questions and learn. I apologize to anyone I might have offended by posting in an insensitive manner. It really has not been my intention to attack anyone or be hurtful.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jerome....I just read 16 paragraphs of some of the most intense & God filled sermon that Ive ever seen & heard delivered. It comes from the Rev. David Edgar Jones in that very church....perhaps the preaching had something to do with it. Here is the last paragraph of Rev Jones sermon.

The moral culture of humanity depends on the Holy Scriptures. Drummond tells us, in one of his addresses, that everything is governed by cause and effect; and the only way to reach happiness and joy is along that line. He says that it is the easiest thing in the world to reach. Just plant the seed of joy and take good care of it as it grows and you will find it abundant. It was to this effect that Jesus spoke in that beautiful little parable of the vine: "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full" (John 15.11). That joy comes in the ordinary way that grapes grow upon the vine. The object here with Paul is how to be the man of God. The Holy Scriptures are given to us for this very end. How it emphasizes cultivation! They are profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. All these are phases of cultivation. Man is a creature that needs cultivation, and the Holy Scriptures are given for that purpose. And yet cultivation is not enough by itself. "Salvation comes through faith which is in Christ Jesus." Some time ago I heard a person lecturing on various passages of the Bible. Before the end of the lecture he said: "I stand before you a perfect, clean man, entirely sinless; not that I do not sin or commit sins every day. But I read here a sentence like this: ‘And the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin’ (John 1.7). You will notice, " he said, "That the verse does not say that you have been cleansed, nor that you will be cleansed some time in the future, but that the words are in the present tense. The idea is that Jesus Christ is carrying on a process of continually cleansing us." He suggested to me, although he did not say so, the method by which the mother keeps the child clean. She has to wash his hands and face and clothes continually. We commit sin continually, either in deed or word or thought, but no sooner is the sin committed than Jesus Christ begins to wash away its effects. Through faith in Jesus Christ is this man of God made perfect.

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

That's an awesome schedule, looks like rehearsal for the Coming Kingdom!!!

:thumbsup:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My brother....perhaps you feel I treated you offensively when we discussed Thinking Stuff & your right, I did call you a lier & for that I do apologize. Please note though that Im not hateful about Catholism, I was a Roman Catholic for over 32 years & my family (on my mothers side) literally goes back to the the Romans, so there is a rich history there as well.

However when I examine the truth of God's word through the Scriptures, I find the RC Teaching wanting. Perhaps the greatest danger of all for Christian people is the danger of understanding the Scriptures in the light of their own experiences. We should not interpret scripture in the light of our experiences, but we should examine our experiences in the light of the teaching of the scripture.

There are many ways in which, it seems to me, we can go wrong in this question of relationship of our experiences to the teaching of the Scripture. the 1st danger is that of claiming things which either go beyond the scripture or which may even be contrary to it. Perhaps you will remember my criticism of "Chris Plus" dogma.

Im sorry to burst your bubble but the Roman Catholics put tradition (the teachings of the church) above Scripture. And here is the real heresy; it says that tradition is co-ordinate with Scripture. And that means in the end that tradition is superior to the Scripture. There is nothing for example in Scripture about the so-called Assumption of the Virgin Mary, a doctrine which says that she never died & was buried, but literally rose in the body into heaven. But the RCC teaches it, and it is their authority alone that sanctions such a teaching. That is the kind of thing I mean.

So bear all these things in mind when you are looking at Roman Catholic doctrines. I can stand in front of my Lord & give an accounting for your own soul that I have warned you of the dangers...both in this thread & the previous one. I sorely wish I had done that with my dear friend, Thinking Stuff.

May the Holy Spirit come to you & open your eyes to Gods truth. I will pray for that.:godisgood:

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhh yes & the singing must of been incredible.

An old saying.....to be born Welsh is to be born privileged :laugh: