1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Went to a Reformed Church tonight

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just don't want to be in church with them. That's inconsistent.
    Flail away.
    That's a falsehood.I have kept a record of your PMs to me of the past which stands in stark contrast to your present protestations.

Is the above something Dr.D-M-L-J or George Whitefield would say? Straighten up and fly right --as Nate King Cole sang.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He also sang.....Roll out those lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer......those days of soda and pretzels and beer. NOTE I like lager ...:saint:

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    not to say you didn't sound out the warning, bro....lol...:smilewinkgrin:

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Lotta good it did, huh, bro? :tongue3:

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rippon

EWF....

Many are saying the same things to you.Christ loved His church and gave Himself for it. You do not seem to grasp that. Yes ...we know there is apostasy...but that is not really the CHURCH ...is it???

You wander into apostate churches and wonder that they do not believe scripture???

I think this was offered to be helpful.No one is singling you out...but many have observed the same thing....from this thread alone;;;;

We are told this;

21 And the eye is not able to say to the hand, I have no need of you, nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 But instead, there is [absolute] necessity for the parts of the body that are considered the more weak.

23 And those [parts] of the body which we consider rather ignoble are [the very parts] which we invest with additional honor, and our unseemly parts and those unsuitable for exposure are treated with seemliness (modesty and decorum),

24 Which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so adjusted (mingled, harmonized, and subtly proportioned the parts of) the whole body, giving the greater honor and richer endowment to the inferior parts which lack [apparent importance],

25 So that there should be no division or discord or lack of adaptation [of the parts of the body to each other], but the members all alike should have a mutual interest in and care for one another.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But there is nothing but apostate churches in my area....so there you have it. I live in a community that is apostate. Yes. I can drive an hour or more but then it would not be community then would it? The lord has instructed me to stay here and make it grow here not Montville, not NYC, not Allentown...besides they have their own neighborhoods that are attended to. But not here...here is heroin alley ...here is streets of 3rd world illegals...here is working class getting crushed by no jobs & a lousy community. Its here where He wants me to make that difference...not some rich mans million dollar bedroom community ...and so I get depressed. Mostly for the apostate clubby gathering houses and antinomian places masquerading as churches ...they just sicken me. Is this the best the Lord has to offer??? Am I to participate in hyposty? Or should this place just burn to the ground? I feel like Jonah...not wanting to be here but having to be true and obedient I cannot cut and run. Nor can I sit under a female pastor nor can I not teach doctrine nor can I be an arminian nor can I give up on my God.

So now Tony, I will give it to you in my best street Jersey I have ........ "So you tell me what I Gotta do!" Cause I dont know no more.

#26 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ewf. All of us can understand you are facing a less than desirable environment. But God has you in thesituation. The Lord knows all about it.....What town are you actually in? There has to be something some group you are not yet aware of. Those who are posting in your direction sense a bitter or defeated kind of vibe.....that they do not want to see consume you.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know all the churches in my area Icono......Ive visited with or spoke to them all on the phone. Ive been here almost 57 years so your not finding anything I dont already know..... you'd be trying to cover the same area Ive twice or thrice canvased. With that said, I have an obligation to bring this area to Christ & my only concern is to get them to a sound church & again the only sound churches currently is Montville, Allentown PA or perhaps down in Flemington NJ......and all are well out of the area. In other words, this is a void area. Now what......well something needs to be built, planted, whatever. And so where is the church to do that?

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

What about contacting those three biblically sound churches and discussing a church plant?

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already did that & the answer is Nope...thanks though for the offer. Gotta build a new one.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was reminded the other day by family at dinner that I am a plain speaking kinda guy & ruff in delivery. The military was good about teachin that & my dad was a career guy (non com). Put me in mind of a movie I watched a while ago now.

Quotes for
    Sgt. Maj. Basil Plumley (Character)
    from We Were Soldiers (2002)

[filth snipped]

#31 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought the above was a prelude to an apology. But you went on to speak as if your crude language is a virtue.

13. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Rippon is correct.

Luke 6:43

Luke 6:45

Ephesians 4:29

It's not 'a plain speaking kind of guy' as if that were honorable. Instead of that, it's the above.

That feller in the car was correct and needs to repeat his message. It didn't take.

14. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I find it hard to believe this type of thing is overlooked these days on BB.

#34 preacher4truth, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't think......know

And you were looking for an appology? Really....for what?

#35 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh....does itoffend you? Have you ever beenin the military?

17. RIPP0NWV

RIPP0NWV New Member

Not one soul on this board owes you an apology. Your hobby of creating dissention and hatred and then backing out is way beyond anything crude that could be said. What makes your case so difficult to deal with is the mixture of evil, hatred, ignorance and stupidity you exhibit every post.

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

OK John, time for me to pick on you.

First, thanks for the compliment, but I am not an expert on Arminianism, or anything thing else for that matter.

Second, don't sneak around on your wife. Wives have a type of radar, they KNOW when you sneak around. You will get caught, and she will make sure you are sorry. Just tell her you want to attend a Reformed church.

Alright, now the part that is going to get all the Reformed/Calvinist/DoG or whatever you want to be called all riled up. It is this part of your quote;

OK, what's with all this? Don't you guys believe your own doctrine? I mean, in my church we do not have sermons on free will, or conditional salvation, we all know what we believe. We have sermons on practical Christianity, how to live as Christian. We are King James only, and we only preach that once every couple of years.

You guys remind me of Charismatics. Go to any Pentacostal church anywhere, and each week the sermon will be on Acts chapter 2 or 1 Corinthians. All they want to talk about is tongues, healings, and miracles every week. They gotta make sure everybody believes it.

You guys are the same, you have to keep hammering yourselves on Total Depravity, Election, Perseverance of the Saints, etc... It's like you guys are not even sure if you really believe this stuff yourself, so you gotta keep pushing it.

Anyway, quit sneaking around, wives don't like that. She will catch you, and you will be scrubbing the toilet.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blah blah blah........any excuse to throw a punch wont go unused. Thats called obsessive compulsive. Tell ya what..... you go to your church & we will go to our church & if the charismatics want to do their thing, let them have at it. Its a free country, right.

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, I was just trying to break up you and Rippon. Did you guys used to be married to each other?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.