1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were Adam and eve saved By Grace Of God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Aug 29, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Or were they first humans to be condemned to hell?

2. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

I believe that they were saved......
    Genesis 3:21
    “Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.”

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

They were saved. That is what coverings are about they received from God.

4. Buho

Buho New Member

Gen 3:21 is interesting. I have seen that as symbolic of Adam's descendants but I guess that could be for Adam and Eve themselves.

In my travels I had run across the notion that Adam and Eve, being born without a sin nature, able to fully comprehend the choice they were making, were beyond redemption. Us, however, born dead, require the regenerating work of God.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, but BEFORE they were covered, there was a promise from God.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

God promised to send a Saviour from the woman. Adam and Eve believed this promise as shown in Gen 4:1.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Eve was mistaken here, Cain was from Adam, but her heart was right, she believed her child the promised Redeemer from the Lord.

It was after God promised a redeemer and Adam and Eve believed that God covered them with skins representing the righteousness imputed to those who believe on Christ.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I have heard that kind of interpretation before, but if we are honest, to hold that belief one has to really critique scripture beyond what is there.