1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Were ANy Saved under old Covenant By Obeying the law?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

It was the promise to come. It was not yet how things were. Abraham was credited as righteous, and HE STILL HAD TO OBEY GOD. His faith and actions were working TOGETHER. See James Chapter 2.

Read this scripture. Genesis 22:18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

That is what God said to Abraham!

Abraham saw Jesus’ day when Jesus came into the world. Abraham saw it as a spirit.

What does that mean they were saved in that promise? Explain how they were saved in the promise that had not come yet. Would you give the scriptures that say that? People waited for the Messiah that was to come. What is the purpose in what you are saying? Everyone must believe AND obey God.

Again, what is the purpose for saying this? Let us discuss the scriptures that you are using to give this teaching. Why would God have to back credit to the Old Testament?
    Adam and Eve were to believe AND obey. Able and Cane were to believe AND obey. Noah was to believe AND obey. Abraham had to believe AND obey. Jesus tells us that he remains in His Father’s love because he obeys. We have to believe AND obey.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the point from the Bible is that NONE could be saved by the law, for ONLY Jesus could and ever did keep it!

Saved by grace alone/faith alone, that IS the Gospel per Yeshua the messiah!

#22 Yeshua1, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

We have to believe AND obey! Abraham was before the law of Moses. Abraham believed AND obeyed God.

We are saved when we believe AND obey.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Let us hear what Jesus the Messiah says about it.

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As John made it clear in 1 John:

this is directed towards Christians ALREADY been saved by God, and He encourages them to abide in jesus, keep on walking in Him, and will enjoy their fellowship..

Doing sin breaks that fellowship, but the saint needs to confess that to god, and the blood of jesus cleans up fellowship !

NOTHING to do with either getting saved, or else keeping saved!

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

That is just creepy and deceitful, for when a person reads the words of God, then tries to discount it.
    You just tried to discount God’s word in many ways. You tried to discount it by saying that it was for those who are already saved. You tried to discount it further by claiming it was merely encouragement. Then you finished it off by discounting it further by saying it has nothing to do with being saved or becoming saved at all!

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Read this scripture. Genesis 22:18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Does anyone see here that God says to Abraham that through his offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because he has believed Him?

8. billwald

billwald New Member

>Read this scripture. Genesis 22:18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Most Christians don't seem to understand temporal blessings in this life and eternal blessings in the next life. Remember, "The rain falls on the just and the unjust." In other words, if an unjust person is a member of a church congregation he will be included in congregational blessings.

I think churches are missing the boat by only selling salvation in the next life and not temporal blessings in this life.