1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were the disciples saved before the resurrection?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by ILUVLIGHT, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    I mean if what you say is true then David spoke as if he were Christ and as though Christ were someone different than Him in one verse.

I Don't say anything bad about the working class, because I work for a living as well. I'm just a servant to my boss. :rolleyes:

Anyway I thought all you Brits were filthy rich don't you have a house ful of servants? :D ;)
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Anyway I thought all you Brits were filthy rich don't you have a house ful of servants?

That'll be the masters that you be thinking about squire.

David was righteous was he? I thought you said they were not regenerated BC?
    Would you like to comment?

johnp.

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    David was as righteous as a man could be with out Christ. There was never an Old Testament regeneration. I believe that is a Calvinist assumption.
    Mike [​IMG]

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Without Christ there is no righteousness. You seem to think that man need only to try and He will give mercy for the effort. Is that right? This is your message of salvation is it, to try?

Have you checked out the meanings of those words yet? 'Imagination and Hell' as found in the KJV. If not why not? Do you not care for real food? Why don't you open one of the other versions of the bible in your possession? Do they not give you what you want?

David was not without Christ though was he? PS 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? 2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. 3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. 4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. 5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. 6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. 7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, 8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. 9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. 10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
    Is that not David?

Is it, Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his?

Or is it, 1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

johnp.

5. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    Don't be so quick to throw out the KJV. To say there is something wrong with it is to condem Most Christians for the last 400 years. Just because you don't care to take the time to look at your dictionary only shows a lack of concern for accuracy. That newer version you use is not a word for word rendition. Maybe the reason you don't like the KJV is because you think it's hard to understand. I don't worry about that because I have the Holy Spirit to help.

All man needs to do is seek God because all that come to Him He "will in no wise cast out" Jn.6:37.
    If you go to the right thread you'll find it about Imagination as far as "hell" in the O.T. it meant the world of the dead. In the new testament it means ever lasting punishment.
    Now they're are more modern meanings which I believe you are hung up on, but this is what was the root meaning of both for each time.

No it was david's writings but it was a prophecy about Christ. Actually it was really a song that was prophetic. It's about Christ not about who wrote it the first verse states it is a song. He does switch identities in the first verse as if he were Christ. This still doesn't change what I said earlier about
    Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    If this verse above was all david writing as if he were in Christ's shoes he wouldn't have said "neither"
    Mike [​IMG]

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ok.

johnp.