1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were the Jew's elected as a people ?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ILUVLIGHT, Sep 13, 2004.

1. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Seems to me that most everyone here is sure that election is individual. That it is on a personal basis. Can anyone show scripture that would prove that it is?.
    May God Bless You;
    Mike [​IMG]

2. billwald

billwald New Member

NO. God gave Abraham promises regarding his biological children and his spiritual children. The spiritual children and a sub set of the biological children. For example, Jacob and Esau.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I believe that anyone who accepts Christs as their Saviour becomes one of the elect, anyone who rejects Christ is not one of the elect.

4. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Bill;
    Where does the Word say that either Jacob or Esau were elected to Salvation. To say Jacob was elected because God loved him would make God a respector of persons. At the time Jacob hadn't been neamed Israel, so the elect hadn't been named.
    You see I don't believe that election is an individual thing, but God elected the entire tribe of Israel to be His people.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
    Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
    Paul said that all Israel will be saved. He also said that Salvation has come unto the Gentiles.

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

If Salvation has come to the Gentiles then this shows all gentiles are elect now as well.

Peter said that we should make our election sure.

2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

How would you say, you can make your election sure?.
    May God Bless You;
    Mike [​IMG]

5. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi NetPublicist
    I believe that accepting Christ as Savior makes your calling and election sure.
    May God Bless You;
    Mike [​IMG]

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Peter shows that they were a chosen nation - and claims that now that is the NT church the NT saints that are now the chosen nation and holy priesthood.

In Christ,

Bob