1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were they really saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by His Blood Spoke My Name, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Then, again, you agree with the Catholics and Campbellists. "Salvation" is not any present reality, but only the final act of "making it" into Heaven if you have repented of each and every sin.

2. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

No, I agree with the Word of God. Just because one makes a profession of faith, and goes to church all his or her life does not mean they truly are of God.

The dog will eventually return to his vomit, the pig to it's wallowing in the mire.

3. Diggin in da Word

Many will stand before Him saying they served Him faithfully...

Prophesying in His Name
    Casting out devils in His name
    and in His name doing many wonderful works

Yet He said He would profess to them He never knew them

4. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's true; but you can't necesarily define that by commission of particular sins afterwards. Then, nobody would ever be saved.

5. Diggin in da Word

Well, we are finally having somewhat of an intelligent conversation. lol

But, I see that one who commits suicide as being one of those who truly did not have that relationship with Christ that merits them as a Christian.

I see them as the one who received the Word with joy for a season, but would not let it take root. Their true nature, that which was deep in their heart came out revealing them as Judas revealed his true nature.

Does not the Word say 'Be sure your sins will find you out.'?

6. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is possible that they did not have a relationship with Christ. Just as it is possible that any person you may look at; ("good" or "bad") may not have.
    But again, you take committing this particular sin as constituting a renunciation of Christ. The seed and the ground all involved more than just commission of some "sin" in reaction to trials. It was either renouncing Him or not bearing ANY fruit at all (not his future sins being called "bad fruit")

7. Diggin in da Word

Is not suicide placing faith in an object to end misery instead of Christ? Placing faith in an object gives me a picture of one a whoring after other gods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.