1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'West Coast Baptist College' Now Accredited (well, TRACS)

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Jerome, May 27, 2019.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Antelope Valley Press • West Coast Baptist College receives accreditation
    Just a few years ago, the Fundamentalist school's president Pastor Paul Chappell was saying stuff like this:

West Coast Baptist College • Pastor Paul Chappell on Accreditation

"It became clear to me that if God were going to use a Bible college to have an impact on the West Coast and on the regions beyond, it would need to be founded under the authority of a local, New Testament, Bible-centered, soulwinning Baptist church"

"I am often asked by sincere people if we are pursuing accreditation at West Coast....it is not our intention to do so. There are several reasons for this decision, not the least of which is my belief that the local church should have no approving agency over its ministry."

"educational institutions begin to waver when they become more interested in what the world thinks of them than what God insists upon....Many students today are being told that if they want to be successful and compete with the world, they must have an accredited education. I’m sorry, but I don’t find that principle in the Word of God....Here on the West Coast, many of our good pastors are Bible college graduates from 'nonaccredited' colleges."

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm - does that mean they refuse inspections by the fire dept - who would then APPROVE the results.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He may have seen potential students going to accredited schools like Maranatha Baptist University and International Baptist College.

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, that sounds like your man Wiley Drake (SBC Vice President 2006-2007):

City of Buena Park moves to shut down Pastor Wiley Drake’s ramshackle homeless shelter, calling it unsafe – Orange County Register

"After the December warehouse fire that killed 36 in Oakland, Buena Park officials returned to the church’s shelter"

"Drake...refused to let any city personnel onto his property. City officials planned to obtain a warrant so they can go onto the property as soon as Thursday and declare the building unsafe to occupy."