1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Westboro Baptist Church...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Pareeeee, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Pareeeee

Pareeeee New Member

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world" meaning sinners and Christians alike.

Yes, God is angry with the unsaved. It is because of their sins and rejection of Him. but at the same time, He has mercy on them. He loves them.

Why would He send Himself (in the form of His Son Jesus Christ) to die for people He hates?!

#21 Pareeeee, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
  2. Pareeeee

Pareeeee New Member

umm it's scary that there are people out there this crazy?? It's scary that they are teaching the world around them that 'Christians' (or so they say they are) are a bunch of lunatics that hate everyone. It's scary to think that these poor people are most likely on the road to Hell and refuse the true Gospel. It's scary to think that these poor children are being brainwashed by a bunch of insane people and are probably going to grow up just like them. Must I go on?

3. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

When you read "for God so loved the world," you think that world means ALL sinners. That may be because you were always taught that to be the case, but it may not be accurate. God can hate some and love others. He is God.

That possibility leads up to the third sentence. Nobody ever said that he sent Jesus Christ to die for people he hates. That is another phrase that we have been told since childhood, but it is really true. Is there a scripture that actually says what we have been taught?

If you hear someone say "I love everybody here," do you accept that the people means every single solitary individual? Can it be that it is a general phrase?

Please take a moment to read this webpage: http://www.gotquestions.org/Jacob-Esau-love-hate.html .

I was told many things as a child that I found not to be accurate when I started reading for myself instead of just listening to parroted phrases.

4. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Thanks. That is a revealing list. Interesting that several are employed by the state of Kansas in one way or another ... not that they are not competent or that Kansas should refuse to hire oddballs ... but just that they do participate in "the system" to that extent.

Fascinating too that so many went into law. Does that suggest that there was a plan from their young years to push them all in this direction in order to fund and litigate these issues? I think I want to read more about this family and not just stay with the quick characterizations the media makes.

Still, a lot of money must go into all their travels and protests.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who said it did? I said that in my case (and, honestly, in the case of anyone who is a Christian) God loved me and hated my sin. He proved it by first loving me, and commending that love to me and dying for me while I was yet a sinner.

Loving the sinner and hating the sin is the kind of love that God showed us, the kind of love with which we love ourselves, and the kind of love with which we're to love our neighbors.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congress scares me. Not Phelps and his protests. Glad there's an equal and opposite extreme to the militant sexual deviants. Wish there were more.

That's a silly thing to worry about. Christ promised you that the world would hate you anyway, because it hated Him.

They're in no more danger of hell than the quiet widow in the pew.

Who said anything about public schools?

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

If you take my statement as being accusatory "who said it did?", as you have done, you miss the point, and how then can you understand what was meant?

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

John's usage of the phrase "world" and "whole world" in his writing doesn't allow for your understanding.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was no mistake.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

False. God loves sinners.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

God does not hate sinners, he loves them. That is why he sent Jesus to die for our sins.

11. preacher4truth

No, not so. You're proof-texting. Cults use the same methodology, instead of looking at the whole counsel of God on the subject. That also, what I just said, is not accusatory, it is just a point, so I hope you will see it at that and in that manner as it is my true motive. Also, this is not arguing with you, just dialogue. I hope for that also.

This is one reason why Iconoclast provided you with further Scriptures. If you can't look at that there is nothing else. Enuff said.

- Blessings

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: You accuse me of something, then say you're not accusing me! :laugh:

13. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

We are doing exactly what those Westboro folks want!!! We are giving then airtime in what I have found to be a lively Christian environment. We can't stop them! But we can pray that God will use us to show the world what the ture love of Christ is about. With this I am think that I am through reading this thread!

14. preacher4truth

It's shameful how immature you act. This is way over your head as far as you being capable of handling it maturely, and way above your ability to learn from this and/or handle this in even a manly way, nor are you able to answer this respectfully, or better yet, as a Christian.

The Scriptures given to you should provoke dialogue while exposing your true person and growth level, spiritually. And they have.

- Blessings

#34 preacher4truth, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010
  15. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Westboro doesn't scare me. Fred Phelps doesn't scare me, but the rest of his democrat brethern do worry me a bit.

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

So, you seem to be saying that all democrats are like Phelps. Surely, you aren't serious?

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm rubber, you're glue. What you say bounces off me and sticks to you! :tongue3:

#37 Aaron, Nov 28, 2010
  18. Pareeeee

Pareeeee New Member

Funny how Christians tend to attack each other over such stupid things. What a wonderful testimony to the world huh?! And I KNOW of unsaved people who make comments about 'those fighting Christians' etc.

While it is fine and healthy to debate different beliefs, we should not make others sound stupid or belittle them for their difference of opinion on a topic. What actually begins to happen is debates turn into arguments. That is no way to try to sway someone to agree with us. It will never work, it will just harden them to you, and make them not want to listen.

Shame on those who do this.

#38 Pareeeee, Nov 28, 2010
  19. Pareeeee

Pareeeee New Member

Exactly!
    AMEN! ;)

20. Pareeeee

Pareeeee New Member

I'm not glad that there is an equal and opposite extreme to them. We as Christians are not supposed to be like that. We should be trying to win those people to Christ, not yelling in their face that God hates them. That will just harden the unsaved people's hearts even more.

God is a merciful God who is willing to seek and to save ANYONE that is lost. Even militant sexual deviants. It doesn't matter what someone has done, God's mercy knows no bounds. He will save them if they call on His name.

Love thy neighbor as thyself. The Bible does not say 'love thy neighbor only if he does things you like.'