1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What’s the difference between Conversion and Regeneration?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too often conversion and regeneration are confused. They are not the same. Conversion is a change in belief or the course of one's life. Regeneration is a change in one's nature. The means of conversion is primarily the Gospel. The means of regeneration is solely the work of God's Spirit.

Further, I believe that this is where we get hung up. As Baptists, we induct far too many of the converted without questioning if they have been truly born again.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a particular path that Baptists follow in order to be inducted into a Baptist Church? I have been told it’s Regeneration followed by Church discipleship and finally participation in bringing the gospel to the sinner. Am I wrong? If not than I am concerned with the direction of the church, since they are not following the process assigned.