1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What A Contrast!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jun 22, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I pay taxes and have no say in how they are spent.

The passage states give honor to whom honor is due. As far as I am concerned "bo" is not due honor until he shows respect for this country, the Constitution, and the lives of the unborn and just born.

2. Freedom

Freedom New Member

True? Have any pictures of people bowing down before the guy you keep calling the messiah?

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==In saying "as far as I am concerned" you dismissed the Word of God's clear teaching and examples on this issue. I'm sorry you have gone so far. :tear:

4. OldRegular

I haven't referred to "bo" as the dems/leftist messiah in months and then only in the context that they considered him the "anointed one". Surely you did not go back and read all those old threads. Of course Evan Thomas did say recently that he was "like a god".

JC you are revealing your true identity.

5. OldRegular

I never dismiss the Word of God Martin.

If it were proven that a president, and I am not talking about "bo", were the antichrist would you give him honor. So be careful what you say.

The pious hypocrisy of some on this forum over demanding the honoring of this rabid abortionist is disgusting.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I'm sorry, but when you proclaimed that "the passage states give honor to whom honor is due. As far as I am concerned "bo" is not due honor" you violated the clear meaning and example of Scripture. If that is not dismissing the Word of God on a matter I don't know what is. Scripture gives us clear teaching and examples on this matter. Yet you chose, for political reasons, to ignore those teachings and examples. I'm sorry but I think you have allowed politics to become too important in your thinking.

==That is a strawman argument for several reasons. First, the antichrist will come from the old Roman Empire of which the United States is not part (Dan 9:96-27). Second, the antichrist will only be revealed after the restrainer is removed (2Thess 2:6-8). Third, there is a very big difference between the President of the United States and the antichrist. One no more than a politician, the other is the devil in human form. If your concern really is that in honoring the President you might accidently be honoring the antichrist then you need not worry. Even if the person who will become the antichrist is alive today, and we don't know that he is, that person is not yet the antichrist. For the antichrist has not yet been revealed. Scripture commands us to honor our political leaders. Paul wrote those statements when Nero was Emperor of Rome. He stood before men who were real despots, yet in keeping with his own teachings he showed them the respect that was due their position (ex: Acts 23:1-5). We should do the same unless and/or until that leader directs us to contradict the Word of God (Acts 4:14-20, 5:27-29).

==You dismiss the Word of God's commands on this subject and then turn around and accuse others of hypocrisy? I'm not defending President Obama. I did not vote for him and I do not support many (most) of his policies. However I would not disrespect his office by disrespecting him. God is the judge of all men, not us. We are to obey God and leave the judgment to Him (Rom 12:17-13:7). As Christians we must call evil policies what they are, and we dare not compromise the truth, but at the same time we are called to show respect to our government leaders. That principle is seen in the Old Testament and in the New Testament.

7. OldRegular

If you choose to give honor to a Marxist and rabid abortionist that is your affair. I will not do so. Using your logic this country should not exist but be a part of the British Empire. I assume you agree with the one on this forum who states this country is illegitimate .

That is dispensational fiction! I could say that dispensationalists are dismissing the Word of God, substituting the teaching of Darby/Scofield but I won't.

Are you saying that the Apostle John is lying? Read 2 John.

Actually there is nothing in Scripture that states the antichrist is the devil in human form. Just being president would not rule that out.

I don't believe your dispensational doctrine. Try it on someone else.

The referenced passages have nothing to do with Paul standing before Nero.

In Acts 23:1-5 Paul was speaking to a religious leader.

I am like Peter in Acts 5:29. I am obeying God rather than man. Try reading Proverbs 6:16-19!

If you think that God wants you to give honor to "bo" then by all means do so. I would not want you to disobey God but for me and my house we will follow God and not honor a baby killer.

As for dismissing the Word of God read my remarks about dispensational error above!

I would not disrespect the office of the president by respecting "bo". I cannot respect a Marxist and baby killer anymore than I could respect Tiller the baby killer.

8. Freedom

Freedom New Member

A ridiculous statement that is not supported by fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran

In the 2005 presidential elections, Iran made yet another change in political direction, when conservative populist candidate Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was elected over Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again simply twisting the truth for political purposes.

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==And you still avoid the clear teaching and examples of Scripture. Amazing yet sad.

==Actually it comes directly from Daniel 9:26-27 where it is clearly stated that the prince who is to come will arise from the Romans (who destroyed the city and the sanctuary in 70ad).

==I think you are getting mixed up. John talks about antichrists who are already on the scene (1Jn 2:18-23, 4:1-3, 2Jn 7) and he speaks of a antichrist/beast that is yet to come (1Jn 2:18, Rev 13). That the antichrist will only be revealed after the restrainer is removed comes directly from the pin of the Apostle Paul (2Thess 2:6-8). Though Bible students do not agree on who the restrainer is. Either way, the antichrist cannot be revealed until after the restrainer is removed. That is what Scripture clearly says, therefore that is what I believe.

==I did not say that it had anything to do with Paul standing before Nero. Allow me to quote what I actually said:

"Paul wrote those statements when Nero was Emperor of Rome. He stood before men who were real despots, yet in keeping with his own teachings he showed them the respect that was due their position (ex: Acts 23:1-5)."

I said that when Paul wrote Romans, Nero was Emperor of Rome. So when Paul wrote Romans 12:14-13:7 Nero was the authority in Rome. Yet Paul gave no exception clause. If your logic were correct we should expect some sort of exception clause. After all, Nero was a very wicked and twisted man. Yet no such clause exists!

Acts 23:1-5 is an example of Paul showing respect to a ruler (Ananias) who was clearly in violation of the Word of God. Yet Paul, once he realized that he was talking to the High Priest, showed respect to the High Priest (Acts 23:5). Why? Because the Word of God commanded it. We see this principle at work in the lives of David, Daniel, and Joseph as well.

==No your not. President Obama has not given you orders not to preach the Gospel (Acts 5:28). I know you think you are like Peter in this, but you are not. You are in error in your attitude. It was Peter himself who commanded us to be submissive to kings, and all who are in authority (1Pet 2:13-16). The only Biblical exception is when the government asks us to do something that is contrary to Scripture. President Obama has not done that. Therefore you have no Biblical authority to disrespect his office.

That President Obama supports wicked policies is beyond dispute. Yet that does not give us the right to disobey what Scripture teaches us. We are to honor all who are in authority and pray daily for them. That is what we are to do (Titus 3:1-2).

#29 Martin, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
  10. OldRegular

Look JC don't imply I am lying. You are on this Forum by illegitimate means.

You are also ignorant of history. Iran has been run by the Ayatollahs since the Carter years. The elections in Iran are a sham as current events show. Neither Bush ever had anything to do with Iran. Bush 43 named Iran as one of three terrorist states. It is your "dear leader" who cannot bring himself to denounce the slaughter in Iran, but then what to expect from one who has no problem with the slaughter of the unborn.

Wise up, don't get in over your head.

11. OldRegular

Martin you are rehashing the same old nonsense from your earlier post.

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I don't consider that to be a reply.

13. OldRegular

:laugh:...:smilewinkgrin:...:thumbsup:...:wavey:

14. Freedom

Freedom New Member

Why don't you just speak for yourself instead of trying to put lies in other people's mouths? If you want to consider Obama your messiah then go ahead. Who is JC?

15. targus

targus New Member

The JC reference has been explained to you several times.

Why do you continue to ask that question?

How about a simple statement that you are not the same person that previously posted here under the name of JustChristian before being banned?

And don't forget that lying is a sin.:saint:

16. OldRegular

For the first time after all the accusations Freedom asks: "Who is JC?" Strange isn't it?

JC or whoever: You have accused me of trying to put lies in other people's mouths. Could you identify these?

Really that is a typical post of JC to me. I don't believe he ever responded in any way other than dump on President Bush or dump on the poster.