1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What about Glenn Beck?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Soulman, May 18, 2010.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I always find it interesting when someone uses the excuse that there is just too much to say to document a problem with someone.

In this case, if someone has problems with Beck, and they are so numerous, just name a few.
    That should not be too difficult.
    Otherwise, it is just a cheap shot without substance.

As for my own opinion of Beck, I put him in the same group as Rush Limbaugh etc.
    I agree with them on political issues often but I don't care for the arrogant attitudes so I just don't listen to them much.

If you want to listen to him, fine. Just remember that he is a mormon and he seeks political solutions to alien problems rather than seeking a spiritual solution to his own problem.

We are citizens of two Kingdoms. Beck and other conservatives are useful for this passing kingdom only. They are useless to Christ's Kingdom.

2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This is very well stated.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    People like Beck could possibly be useful for this passing kingdom.
    If he gets us thinking about what is important, and then take action to becoming a more involved and concatenated Christian...

And lets put Beck on our prayer list. I would be interested in knowing if the Falwell brothers shared the plan of salvation with Beck when he spoke at Liberty Univ. You would like to see Beck come to the Lord, wouldn't you?

#63 Salty, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
  4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would it be fair to say that the bible is a contrast between man being governed by man or by God.

5. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The top three I usually hear are:

1. Beck was a cokehead - No kidding. Anybody who listens to his show for more then thirty seconds knows this because he talks about it constantly.

2. Beck accused the Obama Administration of setting up concentration camps- I actually heard this one from my mother because this is what she was told and didn't look into it for herself. I played the audio for her and, as much as she can't stand Glenn Beck, even she acknowledged that just the opposite was true. First of all, it was Bush, not Obama. Second, he wasn't accusing them of creating concentration camps, he was debunking conspiracy theorists who made this claim.

3. The most recent one is that he mocked Obama's thirteen year old daughter. - This actually took place just about a week ago and I heard the whole thing, myself. Beck wasn't mocking Obama's daughter. He was mocking Obama for using his daughter as a political prop.

6. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

The story of the Bible is the story of God's redemption of fallen man.
    There are other things of course but that is the central theme.

7. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"Do you think he is saved?"
    Absolutely Not! Jesus points the difference about His sheep....John 10:5 "A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.". The Holy Spirit is like a "built in" lie detector discerning truth from error. If one can sit under false teachers with no alarm going off then the test results are negitive....goat!

#67 Jedi Knight, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  8. Mississippi John

AMEN Brothers and Sisters !!!!!!!!