1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What about the blood?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Soulman, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Hebrews 9:12
    Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Where did Jesus actually enter and was the blood literal? Didn't it in fact soak into the ground? :confused:

2. russell55

russell55 New Member

I'm not sure I understand the question. I think this verse means that Jesus' death (his blood) was effective in heaven. He stood before God as our representative through his own blood.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Into the heavenly tabernacle He entered and He was able to by His shed blood.

The fact that He shed it allowed Him entrance into the heavenly tab. is one thought and the other is that the literal blood was collected by God and it was offered in the heavenly tab.

The question might come up, is literal - physical - blood required for a spiritual tabernacle.

4. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Did this transaction take place in a physical way (the "bowl of blood" theory), in mystical way (cf. Westcott on Hebrews), or is the blood merely a metaphor for "death" (MacArthur)?

Seems to me that, if MacArthur's view was correct, there would be no Bible doctrine precluding an unbloody atonement, i.e., the Lord could have died by strangulation and fulfilled the Bible plan of atonement. But such a view seems to conflict with "without shedding of blood there is no remission."

I vote for Westcott's view.

5. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

exscentric,

Just a question...why do you believe the true tabernacle in heaven is spiritual?

Jesus the God-man (physical) abides in this place...sits at the righthand of the Father...is surrounded by 4 beasts...etc.

The only thing truly spiritual in the discussion is the Father himself it seems. I think we all have a habit of automatically thinking spiritual when we use or see the term heaven...the Bible does not however...every time heaven is mentioned it is physical. whether it be 1, 2, 3 heaven its always a physical place.

Also, the "kingdom of heaven" reference to a literal physical kingdom (1000 years) with a literal pysical King (Jesus) reigning from a literal pysical throne (David's).

Just my thoughts,
    Max [​IMG]

6. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by pastor MHG: Just a question...why do you believe the true tabernacle in heaven is spiritual?

Jesus the God-man (physical) abides in this place...sits at the righthand of the Father...is surrounded by 4 beasts...etc.

A-men! Well said. Just look at God's nature when studying the sacrificial system. If the true blood of animals was used and brought to the mercy seat, it would seem all a waste if actual blood was not used to blot out the sin of mankind. Real blood was used as with every other sacrifice .

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

This passage of Scripture is to be interpreted metaphorically.

8. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

This passage of Scripture is to be interpreted metaphorically. </font>[/QUOTE]That's nonsense!

There is no basis for making that assumption here.

9. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by Pastor MHG: That's nonsense!
    There is no basis for making that assumption here.

I agree Pastor. I believe the blood was literally taken into the heavenly temple. I was just looking for a little jousting excercise.