1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What About These United States?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 23, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When discussing many people want to talk about what happens to Iraq if we bring our troops home. How about turning this around. What happens to these United States if we remain stuck in Iraq?

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

For one, it has already guaranteed a Democrat President in 2008. That alone might make this a mute question, or might not.

If we stay there, the deficit will continue to rise, Americans will continue to die, the Iraqi government will continue to squander the time we are giving them to get things in order and the discord with Iran will continue.

The American people will not stand for a Democratic President continuing the present course.

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nice prejudicial twist Ken.
    We remain safer than any alternative proposed by the left.

#3 hillclimber1, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007
  4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Stuck in Iraq? I don't grant the premise. We are not more stuck in Iraq than we are men on the moon. You have shown us how polls arrive at results though. If you ask certain kinds of questions, you are certain to get stilted answers.

Contrary to SN, this hasn't guaranteed the election of a Democrat in 2008. In fact, the actual odds I think are less than 50/50 of a Democrat getting elected. People may hate Bush, but the Dems are notoriously able to lose elections because they have no message.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our military's presence in Iraq has nothing to do with the security of these United States.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You hit the nail on the head, sn, and drove it through the board.

I notice that the two supporters of a continuing U.S. military presence in Iraq who have responded so far failed to deal with the substance of the question that I posed. I find that to be rather telling.

7. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Stuck in Iraq????

If we are truly stuck in Iraq? why are we ,(along with) many other nations now building the largest (so called) embassy in the world, in Iraq? 600 billion+ dollars ? fortified and on 20 sq miles of land? Could it be that we are currently building the seat for the coming global Government?

Where do you think the Anti-Christ is going to be when he attempts to rule? Do you truly beleive in the coming Anti-Christ? Or is Bible prophecy just a bunch of non-truth.....I know it is truth ,and that there will be many ridiculing me for saying so ,but so be it....