1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are all of you doing for health insurance for yourself and staff?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by annsni, Jan 13, 2014.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The guy in charge of this is checking it all out but it may end up even being that the church gives us money to buy into Obamacare on our own. We're also looking into those health share programs but not so sure on those.

So what do you do? We just hit our $6000 deductible apparently and we have another 6 weeks of this insurance so I'm going to try to get as much done as I can in this time. Physicals, procedures, exams - all going to get done ASAP!!! Only God knows what we're going to end up with after this!

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's one option. Have you tried it? How well does it work? My husband is on $200 a month asthma medication and I'm on $150 migraine meds so right there, before anything else, we're at $350. Plus super expensive doctors and stuff and it gets ridiculous. Additionally, I know insurance negotiates lower rates with the doctors - how does that work out with the medi-share stuff? I've heard some doctors say that this doesn't count as insurance and so they won't accept the patient. What are you experiences?

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would give them a call and talk with them. They are very helpful in discussing these issues.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I signed up for info and will definitely talk to them. I know the guy at church is talking to them as well. But I'd love to hear from people who actually use them. After Lauren's illness 2 years ago, I'm wanting to make sure we have good coverage although I don't expect anything like that again - but then again, I didn't expect that to happen to my 21 year old!

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We just called and talked over the phone we did not need to sigh up for it. We have not had any real claims like that. Once concern we have is that my wife has battled cancer. So there is that huge pre existening issue. But the costs were half of obamacare.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah - If we went with this, we'd have to check with all of our doctors to see if they will take it. We have numerous doctors that we have been with for years and I don't want to change just because of some dumb insurance. We even paid cash for Bob's pulmonologist for a year when he wasn't on the plan we had. He was great - charged us "medicare plus 10%" - which I felt was reasonable because of the discounted rate that insurance companies get.