1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are some of the essential doctrines of the christian faith?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by AAA, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Can the reader easily see how Christ's Words regarding His Law - in Matt 5 fit perfectly with His statements in Mark 7 regarding "The Word of God"??

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason why Paul preached the gospel at the synagogue on Sabbath was because Jews were gathering on Sabbaths as the Law commanded. Paul or other apostles didn't mind about the dates, but they wanted to preach the Gospel as much as possible. If they noticed Gentiles were gathering on Sundays, they would have preached it on Sundays as well. I hope this word will be fulfilled in YOUR EARS.

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) It was a Sarcasm againin the question.

2) I am not a Sunday-keeper. I can accept any days because everyday is the Sabbath for me as long as I am in Jesus christ.

My Sabbath is from Sabbath to Sabbath.

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is such verse? Have you manufactured a new Bible to be suitable for Sabbath-keeping? Show me the exact verse without forging or fabrication!

Don't be confused between Sabbatown and Katapausin !
    There is a great difference between them!

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bob, can you show me any verse in NT after Cross, which specifically and clearly commands us to keep the Sabbath?

I can show the verses which prohibits clearly Murder, Adultery, Lie, Covetousness, Idolatry but not the Sabbath-keeping.

Is Sabbath-keeping a Ceremonial Law or Civil Law?
    For example, there is another Sabbath like Passover Sabbath, then is it excluded in Sabbath kepping?

6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope! Jesus fought the obligatory Sabbathkeepers all the time! Jesus was not teaching Better keeping of Sabbath, but He showed Himself is the Sabbath and the main point of Sabbath-keeping is directing to Believing in Jesus Christ who is the Owner of the Sabbath and the True Sabbath.

Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week. You can never show me the concrete proof that He was resurrected on Sabbath.
    I don't force you abandon Sabbath-keeping but leave it to you. Don't force me either! as I mentioned Romans 14:5.

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Matt 5-7 and Mark 7 direct us to believe in Jesus Christ and thereby accepting the Holy Spirit and then following the Holy Spirit, not the Law which was crucified at the Cross.

Col 2
    14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The only thing that you can say is this, the Holy Spirit doesn't work against what was said before in OT, because OT commandments were written by the Holy Spirit. However, God changed the law, not because He couldn't fulfil, but because the Israelites couldn't keep it.
    In the whole process, the Holy Spirit is helping us to achieve and accomplish the Law in His own way, and Sabbath-keeping is not seen as one of the essential elements of the NT teachings. If you disagree, show me the concrete verse which commands Sabbath, in NT after the Cross.

#107 Eliyahu, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The matter of keeping the Sabbath is not germane to the title of this thread and should be put to rest. Another thread can be started on that topic if so desired.
    The real question about the Sabbath that has never been answered by the SDA's and those advocating their position is: Where in the NT is there any command for Gentile beleivers to keep the Sabbath. There isn't any. Thus no believer is under any obligation to keep the Sabbath. There is no command anywhere for any believer to keep the Sabbath.
    At any rate this topic should be in another thread.

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    feel free to pursue that on the "Ten Commandments weekend" thread if you like.

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember that I don't oppose to Sabbathkeeping, but to the obligatory, compulsory Sabbathkeeping by Gentiles. If the Sabbathkeeping should be compulsory, the whole country or community should have turned to be suitable for it as the ancient Israel was.

I think it is wise that we should have another thread for Sabbath issue unless majority can agree that Sabbathkeeping is the essential part of the believer's life.

For example, Truth of the Redemption not by Works but by Grace is one of the Essentials.

In that case, have I got out of the ditch and am on the REST( Katapausin), not in the Sabbath( Sabbatwn) ?

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Speculation - through which anyone may deduce - i.e., wrest - anything he likes from the Scriptures. This you are able to do only with total disregard for God's INSTRUMENTS for the proclamtion of HIS --not ours -- Gospel.

Two o f the MAIN earthly, creation-bound instruments of God in this are the Church and, for the Church and its task, are in space and time, the service and utility of the Day of His Worship-Rest. As it had been ever before Christ, and ever after Christ, in the life of His Church, will be -- not per chance, but according to the eternal will and way of God Himself.

That's why in the OT the Sabbath's NAME, is, "Seventh Day Sabbath Day of the LORD your God"; and in the New, "Lord (Jesus' Sabbath) Day".

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu,

"If they noticed Gentiles were gathering on Sundays, they would have preached it on Sundays as well."

"if ..." -- 'If' won't do. God acted pro-actively in everything necessary for the Gospel of Christ. The observation you did make from the Gospels, is that the Jews NOT as on the Sabbath gathered together for worship, but on the Sabbath Day. That was the LAST impression the early Church left us. It confirmed God's eternal way of doing His will. 'If', comes only as a feeble nevertheless arrogant excuse.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu:

"2) I am not a Sunday-keeper. I can accept any days because everyday is the Sabbath for me as long as I am in Jesus christ.

My Sabbath is from Sabbath to Sabbath.
    "

This comes as no surprise, as nothing new or original. It is the vainglorious cluthching at the straw of a desparate man.
    My only answer is: Scripture? Hb4? Man o man!

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AAA:

"Which christian doctrines are essential for the salvation for the soul, because not every doctrine pertains to the salvation of the soul....."

GE:

This is a completely different question than the thread's heading.

I have hammered on the necessity/essentiality of the Sabbath. But neither the Sabbath nor its keeping saves anyone. In fact if our works of Sabbath-keeping would presented for our justification it would have meant our condemnation and damnation.

Therefore the necessity of the day of Worship-Rest is one to the LIFE of the Church ... be back now ...

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AAA:

"The persons saved by GRACE are saved and those that are NOT saved by GRACE are LOST and GOD has made HIS choice in election..."

GE:

I agree with you in this. "God knows who are His".
    He saves no one but by the revelation of Himself to the one saved, in Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit: That's how 'grace' is spelled in divine terms. That's how grace has been demonstrated in the Bible and especially in the New Testament.

So we get the Faith of the Trinity and the Scriptures added to the list of things of necessity to both salvation and the life of the saved.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

You suppose the absolute of nonentity and impossibility. Your suggestions here are the antithesis of the Gospel of Salvation.

AAA gave you the right answer. The chosen of God are chosen to become and be the believers of their election and the doers of God's election and favour. The void of their former existence has been filled to the glory of God in the face of Jesus. That is God's election -- even His grace.

17. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You try to take me into the ditch of Sabbath again!

I have entered the Katapausin ( Rest) !

Do you know the Disciples gathered together to break Bread on Sunday?

Read Acts 20:7 !

Lord's Supper is the most important part of the Worship Service and that was done on the First Day of the Week. Don't tell me it is not the Lord's Supper!

Then how come they collected the donations on the first day of the week ( 1 Cor 16:2) ?

Anyway, I have entered the Katapausin in Jesus Christ the Owner of Real Sabbath

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu:

"You try to take me into the ditch of Sabbath again!"

Isaiah of Jesus Christ:

"The Repairer of the breach, The Restorer of paths to dwell in: If Thou call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour Him (the LORD), not .... speaking thine own words -- THEN shalt THOU delight Thyself in the LORD; and I will cause Thee to RIDE UPON THE HIGH PLACES ..."

But Eliyahu speaks words, saying, "the ditch of the Sabbath again"!

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu:

"I have entered the Katapausin ( Rest) !"

GE:

"I judge no one; the words I have spoken, they shall judge ..." you, said Jesus.

You claim to have entered the 'Katapausin', yet refuse what "remains for the People of God", "AS THE RESULT OF" - 'ara', THIS VERY 'katapausis', namely, their "keeping of the Sabbath Day -- Sabbatismos"?
    You explain that to me?

20. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I already asked you where you found such verse as you manufactured one " keep Sabbath" in NT. You can never bring such verse, therefore may I conculde that you invented your own bible?

If not, bring the verse !
    GE said :
    THEREFORE THEN there (now) REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD (the present-day christian Church) a keeping of the Sabbath Day".

Have you patented the Technology and Know-how of How to Invent a New Bible? Try to register your Patent! unless you can bring the exact Bible Verse which states above!

#120 Eliyahu, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: May 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.