1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are the first fruits?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Feb 22, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Below you will find a letter from Paula White ministries about the first fruits. Please analize it and give me your thoughts on the following. Was the first fruits only for the old testament or do we still have to give first fruits? What was the purpose of the first fruit?

Thanks,Tali :wavey:

This was a letter sent by Paul White that I read online in 2006.

Dear Friend,
    I have a word for you that will impact your entire year and transform you in ways you could never imagine!
    God has given you the power to release
    the unlimited blessings of heaven in your life in 2006.
    I want to show you a powerful principle of how God wants to position you for increase in 2006! It is as simple as “keeping the main thing, the main thing” -- and by that I mean putting God first in every area of your life!
    You have heard me say this before . . . you can plead promises all day long with no results when you violate principles. Friend, I don’t want you to miss out on one of the most powerful principles to release God’s power into your life — the principle of First Fruits.
    That’s why January is the most important month of the year, consecrated and holy. This month you should seek God for the rest of the year. And that’s why this month Randy and I bring a week’s paycheck and say “God we believe you for financial abundance!” What we do with the first establishes the rest.
    God claims the first fruits of everything. And when you release your first fruits offering, it positions you for the harvest, and releases God to do the blessing.
    When you sow the seed of your first fruits . . . you will reap God’s power and favor in your life.
    You have the power to release His blessings today by dedicating your first fruits to Him. Change the course of your entire year, perhaps your life today.
    I look forward to hearing from you and the supernatural things God releases into your life through the principle of keeping first things first!
    Keeping God first,

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In 1Cor 15 Paul says that "Christ" (specifically the resurrection of Christ) is the anti-typical fulfillment of the feast of "first Fruits".

in Christ,

Bob