1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are you afraid of?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jun 29, 2008.

?
  1. Heights

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Snakes

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Spiders

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. Bugs

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. Water

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Women

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. Men

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Catching a disease

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. None of the above

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  10. Other

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Tell us your phobia.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Heights and water, and steps, I once rolled down a long flight of stairs, now they scare me, can't walk doen without holding the rail. I don't like bugs, but don't have a fear of them.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I can't say that I have a fear of anything in the list. I can say that i might be weary of some of them with a healthy dose of respect to things like snakes, insects and heights. Nothing there would cause me to soil my britches. :laugh:
    There is one thing that really makes me antsy though. That is being down stream of a dam. For what ever reason, if I am on a river am just down stream of a dam I tend to think about it with concern. I do not let it stop me from going over it or getting near one.
    I have recurring dreams involving snakes and dams where I tend to be in mortal fear of but awake I can hold a nonpoisonous snake in my hands but any good poisonous snake is a dead one. If it is alive I respect and avoid it and if I have a weapon available it will be dead.

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I would have to say heights is my number one fear, although I checked spiders and snakes, too.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

People. They can be downright scary! :eek:

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ain't that the truth! :laugh:

I'm not afraid of heights, just afraid of falling from them!

I don't like some bugs either. Up here where I live, the bugs are enormous! We have wolf spiders that get up to 3 or more inches from leg to leg. They look like tarantulas! Eeewwww!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I checked several, including "other" because I am getting better, but I'm still very uncomfortable traveling.

My phobia is Agoraphobia. Bleck!

I will say, with God's help, that I had a list of 127 fears at one time. Traveling is the only one I have left to conquer.

Oh my, I sound like MONK! :laugh:

8. Psalm 95

Psalm 95 New Member

I am afraid of dogs.

9. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not really afraid of heights, but falling has that sudden stop at the end.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oh my goodness woman! I didn't know what that show was, but one day I was flipping through shows and it caught my attention. I was watching it with my jaw dropped going "this is me, in male form!" The guy was doing stuff like I do...having to touch stuff evenly, panicking on a flight, etc..

I had to go online and describe the show and someone told me what it was. I've only found it one other time since, but one day will have to buy it on DVD or something. Makes me feel more normal, as odd as that sound!

I'm not that bad with travel...or sometimes I am. LOL I have to be heavily drugged to survive flying, and have sworn it wouldn't happen again. Sometimes I can drive out of town and be ok, but at other times I find myself at a rest stop having a panic attack, in tears, frantically trying to find the number to someone, anyone that I know, but rarely do I dial it because I think they'll think I'm nuts if I tell them what's going on.

Okay, now that you've come out with it, I've gotta ask...one of my WORST things is having someone take my temperature in my ear. They always do it before the doctor comes in, and something about it just scares me to pieces. I've gotten more used to it, but when they first started using the ear ones and I heard that click, I'd start sweating and tears would well up and my heart would race and as soon as the nurse left, I'd cry. I've gotten to the point where it's just uncomfortable, but on a bad day I'll still sometimes draw blood biting my lip.
    And there ya have it. More about me than anyone ever needed, or probably wanted, to know! I'm up writing, (taking frequent breaks to post and read and stretch!) so feeling very wordy. *grin* Someone stop me!

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

What am I afraid of?

BB Moderators.

:D

12. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I chose other and none of the above because mine aren't on the list. They are speaking in public (altho not as bad as it used to be!) and big dogs (traumatized as a child by seeing my cousin attacked by a German Shepherd.)

14. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Spiders! I have an unreasonable fear of spiders.

It doesn't help to know that I am 10,000 times bigger than they are or that a shoe will take care of the problem. If I come on one unaware, I'm going to scream and jump away. Far away!

I don't appreciate being up high either, but that doesn't come close to how I feel when there is a spider around.

15. nunatak

nunatak New Member

tornado's
    Downright scary.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Extremely closed in places. This started after I had an MRI in one of those tube kind last November.

17. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crickets and cockroaches absolutely terrify me. Give me a snake or spider any day, take me whitewater rafting or flying, lock me in a closet, anything. Just don't let me see a roach or cricket.

When I was a kid, we lived in Florida for 5 years and we had roaches (palmetto bugs) that were HUGE and they would fly AT you if you tried to kill them. Ugh! I think they traumatized me for life.

18. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see... What am I afraid of...

abcgrad94
    mcdirector

(Just kidding!!)

I have a fear of bugs that fly! Cant's stand 'em!

19. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I forgot that one! Me, too...

20. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I'm afraid of heights and snakes, and of having a stroke, I've known several people (my dad included) who had a stroke, and not one of them was ever right physically or mentally afterward. Of course, in my dad's case, it improved his personality; the only other thing that did that was alcohol.