1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What are you paying for gas now?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saw $2.26-$2.28 this morning. Seems to have leveled here... so far.

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    20 to 21 Lempiras for a liter of gas for me. And that's come down a bit.

While you complained about $3.50 gas, just know I pay $5.50 typically.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the combined Fed/State/City gas tax is a big part of our gasoline price. Here is another reason from the same source,

4. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gas was $2.219 yesterday afternoon. Was out a little while ago and it had jumped to $2.499.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gas prices around the globe

6 cents/gallon in Venezuela
    7.53 /gallon in Norway

and the rest

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Californi has gone from $2.12 a gallon five weeks ago, to $4.29 a gallon today!

Now tell me this isn't "highway robbery?"

7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

At the high end Los Angeles is at $3.50 for regular.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

$0.83 cents per liter in Alberta. That came down seven cents from last week.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My bad, what I viewed on a local news channel was apparently a file tape/old clip of gas prices on the stations ad board running at $4.29 a gallon. Don't know where that clip came from but still, to prove how much we are paying, check out the AAA link.

It shows gas, premium level, selling today for $3.72 in Los Angeles/Long Beach .... $3.70 in Orange County .... $3.64 in Riverside/San Bernardino Counties .... $3.66 in San Diego .... $3.65 in San Francisco .... $3.69 in Ventura.

In my post, I was quoting the highest price of gasoline at the pump for premium, which my car has to use per manufacturer. So Mr. Wade, who meant well, when he countered my post with lower prices (which support him out in the AAA link), was not taking into consideration the fact that I was looking more at the high end price (for premium brands) when I quoted, and that quote came from a news clip showing a station changing from $3.99 to $4.29. When I saw that news clip, I was outraged, because I had paid $3.39 just a week ago for premium.

Sorry if I misled anyone, it was unintentional and based on a news clip. But the fact remains, that just one month ago, we were paying at least $1.00 a gallon less than we are paying now, and to me a one dollar raise in a month is highway robbery!

It took months for prices to drop to the low $2.00 range, an 30 days to go up at least $1.05 per gallon. Something is rotten in the industry, and it always eats away at the pocketbooks of the middle and low class folks.

BTW - Will Obama step up and take credit for the recent soar in prices, like he did in the long-term price drop? http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/01/obama-deceitfully-takes-credit-low-gas-prices-sotu/ I doubt it, but for sure he must be ecstatic that prices are recovering. And could the recent increase have as much to do with the VETO of the pipeline as it did with the refinery problems in Texas and California?