1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are your main concerns?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Abiyah, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Abijah,

I used to sit in a Free Methodist Church in Barnersville, N.Y., near Schoharie, where my grandfather was a 'class leader.' You probably are too young to know about this event that their church ministered.

This forum is not the same as the above mentioned. Jude tells us that we must ' . . . earnestly contend for the faith that was once delivered unto the saints.' Some of us know and believe that those who oppose what we believe are diminishing the value of His sacred Gospel. We can do no other than return them to the Word and the explanation of it. We compare Scripture with Scripture and offer clear exegetical interpretation of the same.

The perfection of God's nature will not allow preferential treatment to only a chosen few allegedly selected by Him. To believe this is in complete violation of Christ's justice, love and universal mercy; He receives all who believe in His Son.

Don't be limited in your understanding by thinking that there are only in the holiness churches people who don't live up to Biblical truth.

:cool:

2. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Ken Hamilton,

Were those statements about regenerating a baby in the mother before birth or on her
    father's knee a joke or could you be serious about what you said. Now before you give me chapter and verse, I do know that in isolated cases God did this on behalf of His prophets. {the Holy Spirit was given before birth}.

So if God does this and a baby is regenerated then there is no need for believing and having faith in Jesus at any later date. God doesn't need to regenerate and does not regenerate babies and children before they make their committment to Almighty God. God's atonement blots out their sins, until they reach an age where they are confronted with the Gospel and make their personal decision one way or the other. By this I mean they either receive Christ
    or continue in rebellion until they receive the 'second death' [Rev. 20:14].

Absolutely, no one is regenerated until they believe and trust in Jesus to take away their sins.

3. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Maybe the children are pure until they commit their first "sin," after which they must be redeemed. Maybe the sin nature is just that - the nature that causes them to sin when they get to a certain volition. Hmmm... Let me ponder that one for awhile.

SEC