1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Arminians Believe about the Atonement

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Monergist, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Not in any of the scenarios posted does payment of one's debt equate to salvation! Payment of the debt simply gets one out of 'debtors prison'. That is only part of the trip, you must still make the decision to walk out the door!

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ did not pay someone on the cross. You OWE your debt until you accept the conditions of the Gospel which is -- Matt 10 FULL surrender to Christ. "He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of Me".

It is FULL surrender that begins with repentance "IF we confess our sins HE IS faithful and just TO FORGIVE US our sins". 1John 1:9.

IN fact - It is FULL and complete surrender even AFTER we are born again, saved, forgiven, else we are confronted with the Matt 18 "Forgiveness revoked" scenario of Christ.

In Christ,

Bob

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Does that mean we are in agreement regarding faith and that we can move on to meatier subjects?

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wes, I think. I have found that his analogies usually do not make complete parallels to the points being discussed.

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Incomplete analogy. The mortgage industry knows no grace... only debt owed and debt paid.</font>[/QUOTE]Nevertheless, the principle remains true! The principle of shuffling an indebtedness among leinholders. </font>[/QUOTE]No. Once you preclude grace the analogy becomes fatally flawed.

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Wes, I think. I have found that his analogies usually do not make complete parallels to the points being discussed. </font>[/QUOTE]No sir, that is your analogy not mine!

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I am sorry. I thought it was.

Did you notice whose it was?