1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Bible did Jesus have?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 4, 2010.

1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

If you will go back and look you will see it was a simple misunderstanding. I thought he was referring to the LXX, but got that mixed up with another poster.

But yes, go ahead and attack and insult me. Very becoming behavior, that.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I make a practice to stop listening to men who exhibit such haughtiness. You are not beating your head against a wall if your trying to get through to me.

3. ReformedBaptist

I agree RAdam, he has lost all my respect.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great! Now do you see, and understand, my point?

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have mistaken confidence for haughtiness. I am sorry you are so offended by what I posted. But the truth is often found to be offensive to those who deny it. :(

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don't care, to tell you the truth. So far you, and RAdam, have failed to mount any cogent rebutal to anything I have posted. It seems to me that you are so closed-minded that nothing is going to penetrate, so, have a nice life. :)

Remember my earlier statement: The greatest impediment to learning is this thought: "I already know all about that."

#26 TCassidy, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  7. ReformedBaptist

I have a ton to learn, but not much from someone who doesn't actually care about me.

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are the one who said you didn't care enough to listen. I took you at your word. I assumed you would not lie to me. Was I wrong?

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've gotten off the topic of this thread. As for what Bible JESUS carried, 'twas prolly NONE. In that day, scrolls were used; boox hadn't been invented yet, so it's unlikely that Jesus carried any in His travels, along with His carpentry tools, clothing changes, etc. It's unknown of there were copies of Scripture in His childhood home.

Yes, Jesus often said, "It is written..." when teaching/preaching, so anyone in His audiences could go to a synagogue check out what He'd said. But as far as carrying a copy of the written Word with Him, I doubt if He did.