1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What blessed thoughts from the Lord

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jordan Kurecki, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please read this blessing the Lord gave to me, he that hath ears to hear, let him hear:

Mark 10:46 And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
    And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
    And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee. And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

First, this blind beggar knew his true condition. This is always the requirement for Jesus to do a miracle in our lives. In order for the sinner to have the miracle of regeneration, he must first admit that he is utterly destitute and corrupt. It was this awareness of his own need that caused him to cry out to Jesus Christ for healing. We see here pictured the doctrine of repentance.Though many see primarily a picture of salvation in this miracle, also highlighted is our need for Christ’s divine power to live for him. In our flesh dwells no good thing, and apart from the miraculous grace and power of Christ, we can do nothing, it’s interesting that this event took place next to Jericho. Jericho was the place where the walls of the city fell down by the power of God. The walls of Jericho fell down purely by faith, not by carnal efforts of the Israelites but by a divine miracle of God. It’s fitting that this would be the place where Jesus Christ would choose to show that he heals those who are destitute.

This miracle pictures the power of prevailing prayer. When this man first cried out, the crowd attempted to hinder him. But he continued to cry out to Jesus Christ. Prevailing prayer is absolutely essential for us to see the power of Christ in our lives. While it is true that we see the miracle of salvation at the moment we first come to Christ by faith, it is also true that there are many other miracles we need from the Lord that can only be gotten through prevailing prayer; victory over sin, joy, and peace to name a few. This miracle should set a burning realization that if we have needs in our lives we must be determined to keep crying out to God for a miracle

Of great importance is the phrase “thy faith hath made thee whole”. Truly one of the main points of this miracle, is that it is faith that will make us whole in every aspect. Faith is what saves our souls from hell and cleanses our souls from hell. Faith though, is also the avenue whereby we get our prayers answered, after all Jesus told when we pray to “believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them”. This aspect of faith is extremely important and perhaps one reason why prayers do not get answered. It is of no use to pray and ask God to do miracles for us, if we do not believe that he will. Does one need joy? Let him pray for joy. Does one need peace? Let him pray for peace. Does one need victory? Let him pray for victory. But let not him that prays for joy, peace, or victory think that he shall receive anything of the Lord if he has not faith. It ought to make all glad that is simple faith that accesses the very miracle working power of Jesus Christ. We can rest in his power, trusting in him to do miracles for us!