1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Brings a Tear to My Eye!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 19, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just finished watching a Calvary Chapel [Pastor Raul Ries - one of my favorite teachers] service on line, and as a handful of unsaved folks responded to the simple message to recieve/accept Jesus as Lord, I felt myself tearing up, even as I am now as I write this!

It came to me as I watched the Holy Ghost do His work, drawing people from all over that large church auditorium forward, that it isn't a display of the gifts at work; or the healing touch of God in the life of the person with a need; or even the intellectually articulate words of a well-versed preacher spoken that causes me to tear up.

Above all these things, it has always been watching an unsaved person reach out, cry out, "Forgive me Father; I am a sinner! Save me, come live within me, and fill me with the Holy Ghost so that I may grow and go and sin no more!"

It is that simple, yet amazing act of repentance that always tugs at my heart, as I feel tears of joy, knowing that one more person will experience what I have known since 1966 ... and that is to know, that without one doubt, from this day forward, they can call out in confidence to the Father, and know they will be spending eternity with Him! I always say, if God never dows one more thing for me in this lifetime, just knowing that I am spencing eternity with God, is the most awesome gift I could ever expect to get in my life!

I rejoice with the angels and that person, because I have witnessed the greatest healing; the greatest miracle that God could ever perform and that is bringing a lost soul back to His bosom, to hold and love from that day forward!

Now that is a three Kleenex ending to a great service and message!

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks guys!

I had a feeling you felt like me. Nothing is sweeter and more tender than seeing the miracle of a sinner being born-again, right in front of our eyes. It is the one miracle I've had the privilege of witnessing many times over! Love the songs!

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Good job to both of you!

This is a tough field and it is good to be reminded of why we bother with folks who rarely want to even hear.