1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What can affect the brain?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

All the verses given by the moderation advocates have been proven by correct reading of God's Word that it was not speaking of alcohol.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's strange. I thought that humanity was alienated from God because of our rebellion.

Now we know that the real culprit is alcohol in beverages and medicines!! Perhaps the forbidden fruit in the Garden was fermented?

3. Diggin in da Word

Giive me the verses instead of trying to make yourself look right. If you are advocating alcohol, you are dead wrong.

4. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proven? That's a very strong word. I have seen absolutely nothing that "proves" what you claim about alcohol.

5. Diggin in da Word

Perhaps instead of advocating sin in a Christian's life, you should turn to God's Word.

6. Diggin in da Word

Of course you haven't. And you won't until you let the Lord Jesus reveal it to you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want me to demonstrate something, you need to tell me what evidence you will accept. Why should I waste valuable time putting together evidence that you are predisposed to reject for no good reason?

If you want to discuss this honestly... in a way that you will commit to embracing truth when it is demonstrated to you (according to guidelines you get to establish), then we can discuss it. Otherwise, all you are doing is continuously restating your position and shouting down anyone who doesn't agree with you.

If seems like you are not interested in having evidence presented to you.

You may continue in your self-righteous error.

8. Diggin in da Word

In other words, you don't have Biblical proof that a Christian is permitted to drink alcohol.

Also, I am not self-righteous as you would suppose. I am clothed in Christ's righteousness.

9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have fully embraced the scripture and I'm following the Lord in discipleship. And the Lord Jesus is embracing me in grace and truth.

You have not demonstrated that I'm "advocating sin." I am not convicted by the Spirit of "advocating sin." And the scripture does not reveal that I am "advocating sin.:

Sorry. Your accusations are not compelling.

10. standingfirminChrist

Present the scriptures to prove that we can drink, all you are doing is spitting out venom at the messenger because you disagree with the message.

11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure I do.

Jesus drank alcoholic wine. The accusations by the Pharisees that He was a glutton and a "winebibber" only make sense if it was possible to get drunk from that wine.

I know some folks have worked out some slick ways to try to make it appear that the plain meaning of the text is not actually true (usually those who is other occasions claim to believe that the Bible is "literally true"), but it goes against the plain and clear meaning of the text.

Furthermore, there are also a number of Old and New Testament references that we can use.

I certainly hope so. Try showing some of Christ's grace and holy love as well.

12. Diggin in da Word

Show me scripture, otherwise you are wasting my time. show me the verse that says Jesus drank alcoholic wine.

I'll save you the time. It is not there. You are lying and accusing my Lord of something He could never do.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Deu 14:26 and spend the money for whatever you desire--oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.

14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The scriptures have been presented endlessly in these threads. All we do is go 'round and 'round the mulberry bush since no one on your side seems to want to commit to accepting evidence.

And speaking of venom, several folks on your side of the issue have made all sorts of accusations against those of us who are trying to hold what we believe to be the biblical position. The level of emotion in our exchanges in the last few minutes have gotten folks on your side so riled up that they are turning alcohol into the thing that seperates humanity from God and claiming those Christians who have a bit of alcohol in moderation to be on the way to Hell. One person has even claimed that Nyquil (and by his logic) all medications that contain alcohol to be "forbidden."

Where's the scriptural support for those ideas?

15. His Blood Spoke My Name

webdog, that verse is speaking of non-fermented wine. This has been proven over and over by using Scripture to interpret Scripture.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Show me the verse that He didn't. I'll save you time. It's not there. You are lying and accusing my Lord of doing something you don't want to believe He did.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's a lie. Nothing was "proven" but the ability to eisegete Scripture. Funny how the "proven" Scripture in the Hebrew is identical with the following...

Lev 10:9 "Drink no wine or strong drink, you or your sons with you, when you go into the tent of meeting, lest you die. It shall be a statute forever throughout your generations.

#57 webdog, Sep 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2006
  18. His Blood Spoke My Name

We have accepted the evidence found in the Scripture. We are not the ones twisting it to justify the drinking of alcoholl

19. His Blood Spoke My Name

Scripture forbids alcohol in the life of a believer. Nyquil has alcohol in it. It is forbidden

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

But Scripture doesn't forbid morphine? Strange...