1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What can I learn about Individual Growth, Evangelism and Church Growth...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Joseph_Botwinick, Jul 13, 2005.

1. shannonL

shannonL New Member

It is unecessary to understand the issues JB stated. These books that come out for spiritual growth church growth etc... can be helpful but they are not essential for one's sanctification progress Nor are they essential in determining how to reach the world for Christ. If not one more book was written on any one subject that relates to the christian life or the church the church would still prevail. A person can be fully equipped for his christian walk with the Bible alone. Commentaries, bios, self help books are nice supplements but none of them are necessary.

I promise you this. If persecution were to ever come and they took all the christian lit. away. People would find paper and copy down what Scripture they had in their heads not some quote they read in a christian book.

So in its purest form I think JB's argument makes sense. These things are blessings (all depends) not necessities.

2. shannonL

shannonL New Member

What I found kinda sad about the 40 days of Purpose Campaign (I went through 2) is how preachers gave up their pulpits to preach a
    "canned" outline or message from RW each week.
    I'm not saying its a cardinal sin or anything but
    the few messages I sat under during those weeks came across as canned. Now it may have been who was doing the communicating but it still was different like kind of a odd feeling.