1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured what causes/is reason some accept jesus, while others refuse him?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herald

Herald New Member

Now who is being fallacious? When I said that you read the OP and came up with a different conclusion, I was not saying that you came up with a different conclusion as to the intent of the OP. I meant that you came up with a different conclusion as to whether the OP was an honest question or not. As to men's choices, what does that have to do with the issue at hand which is whether the OP was an honest question or not? I am not going to let you take this discussion off into another direction.

2. Herald

Herald New Member

I told you previously (in this same thread) that is not an accusation, it is an observation. In this thread I did not denigrate your prolific thread creating ability. All I did was draw a line between Yeshua1's thread and the ones you create in similar fashion. That is all there is to it.

I NEVER said those words. Now you assigning motives to me. But, as I said previously, it gives me opportunity to testify to the truth.

All I did was state that Yeshua1's OP asked a question that is similar to the questions you ask in your OP's. That is all I meant to say. You have succeeded in blowing this up into something that is not.

Do you actually READ what people say to you? I mean it. DO YOU? I have debated you in the past, or do you not recall? It is when you rehash a topic that I have no interest in debating it AGAIN. I said this a few posts back. If you start a thread that I find interesting I will engage with you. I find it profitable to engage with you on certain topics. On other topics, not so much. I really do not get into Calvinism vs. Arminian debates as much as I used to. The subject just gets old when the same arguments are made.

Am I guilty of dismissing some debates because no one is going to change their mind? Sure. That is more of my being weary at discussing the same subject matter over and over again. That is why I have pulled back from the traditional C vs. A thread. But do I think that YOU are going to change you mind? Not really. :)

3. Herald

Herald New Member

Anyway, it is past my bedtime. I will catch up with this thread in the morning.

Good night and God bless you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.