1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What CHURCH?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Aug 1, 2005.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I really can't Marcia. As far as I know I don't go along with any pagan beliefs along these lines or their Holy Days. Christian faith, ituttut

2. UZThD

UZThD New Member

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I really can't Marcia. As far as I know I don't go along with any pagan beliefs along these lines or their Holy Days. Christian faith, ituttut </font>[/QUOTE]It's not a matter of going along with Pagan beliefs. It's acknowledging their hold over the ancient world and that Jesus broke that hold wide open with his church that spread over the areas formerly dedicated to pagan gods. Remember how in the OT they would tear down the high places? In Judges 6, God tells Gideon to tear down an altar to Baal and use the wood of an Asherah pole, apparently located at the Baal shrine, to build a fire for sacrifice to God.

Pretty soon we are going to be seeing Paganism spread here and maybe people will have a better idea of what it was like in the early days of Christianity.

There's a hill overlooking Casper WY that has a pagan shrine. I was told about it by friends who live there. I was going to go see it when I was there to speak, but it snowed that day and the road was impassible. Instead, we visited several Pagan and New Age shops (I do things like this as part of my ministry).

Pagan Student Unions exist in large numbers of college campuses. Wiccans and other Pagans are basically in every high school and many middle schools.

I've been talking about Wicca and Neopaganism since 1995, when I first heard from an 8th grader in a youth group about a Wiccan in his school. At that time, I did not come across a single Christian adult who knew what Wicca was. Just earlier this year, I was speaking to a large youth group at a Baptist church in KY and asked the kids if they had Wiccans in the school. Yes, they did - the hands went up. Afterwards, two adults who work with the teens asked me what Wicca was. They had no idea and wanted to know since all these kids knew!

In other words, this is not some faraway thing but was very real and is getting more real here by the day.

Okay, end of speech. [​IMG]

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I really can't Marcia. As far as I know I don't go along with any pagan beliefs along these lines or their Holy Days. Christian faith, ituttut </font>[/QUOTE]It's not a matter of going along with Pagan beliefs. It's acknowledging their hold over the ancient world and that Jesus broke that hold wide open with his church that spread over the areas formerly dedicated to pagan gods. Remember how in the OT they would tear down the high places? In Judges 6, God tells Gideon to tear down an altar to Baal and use the wood of an Asherah pole, apparently located at the Baal shrine, to build a fire for sacrifice to God.

I can’t fault what you say at all for this Judge of God had a few good faithful men with the Lord on his side, and the Lord wished the idols torn down, and the pagans killed. This faithful Judge did the will of the Lord.

We are not of the Law, the Judges, the Kings, or Prophets, or the nation Israel today. We do not have the authority as an individual, or as a church to tear down, destroy, or kill, as did Gods people.

Pretty soon we are going to be seeing Paganism spread here and maybe people will have a better idea of what it was like in the early days of Christianity.

Agree, and believe it is here, having never left, acknowledging it will become much worse, and at some point we will be caught up. Until then we are to spread the gospel of the “grace commission”, and some are more blessed than others having specific instructions.

There's a hill overlooking Casper WY that has a pagan shrine. I was told about it by friends who live there. I was going to go see it when I was there to speak, but it snowed that day and the road was impassible. Instead, we visited several Pagan and New Age shops (I do things like this as part of my ministry).

Dr. Bob may be able to more assist, if he hasn’t already.

I have seen pagan shrines, but I do not seek them out, as they are not of much interest to me. Alaska has some nice one’s placed around. Some idols of the world are amusing, beautiful of color and pleasing to the eye, and some are vulgarly hideous. Some are huge paintings, and some small, and some decorate our homes and even our churches. Baptist churches I attended when young had no pictures of some painting by a man that thought they knew what Jesus looked like. Soon I would say there will come a man that bears an uncanny resemblance to one of the widely distributed pictures (still or moving) of Jesus, and people will fall to their knees.

We see this phenomena of pagan idol worship today, and most likely since the beginning of the Papal church of holy worship not knowing what the holy idols looks like including angels. Who ever heard of a “female angel”. There is not many weeks or months go by that we don’t see news that Jesus has been seen on a “screen door”, or some such; and appearing just as often or perhaps even more is the Holy Mother of God shedding a tear, or whatever. Idol worship with eyesight, or unseen in the heart is not going away, for it never left. Yet will some of that church be saved that do teach belief of salvation in the name of the Lord? Can Christ deny Himself if one believes in their heart? It is the individual regardless of where they go to church, or if they go to church.

Pagan Student Unions exist in large numbers of college campuses. Wiccans and other Pagans are basically in every high school and many middle schools.

If we teach our children not to have anything to do with pagans, or their idols, and not allow any into our home, or our churches then our task would be much easier. We are to stand-up for what we believe, but can we stand against those of idol worship, when we are participants. Is this hypocrisy, or just returning home to again be with the “mother church”, of which we have already adopted her two Holy Days. Baptist’s congregations many years ago, didn’t even know what “good Friday” meant, much less observe it. How could any that studied their Bible know about Christmas, Easter, or which is more unbelievable - Good Friday. They couldn’t because they are not in the Word of God. Can Lent be far behind?

I've been talking about Wicca and Neopaganism since 1995, when I first heard from an 8th grader in a youth group about a Wiccan in his school. At that time, I did not come across a single Christian adult who knew what Wicca was. Just earlier this year, I was speaking to a large youth group at a Baptist church in KY and asked the kids if they had Wiccans in the school. Yes, they did - the hands went up. Afterwards, two adults who work with the teens asked me what Wicca was. They had no idea and wanted to know since all these kids knew!

In other words, this is not some faraway thing but was very real and is getting more real here by the day.

Okay, end of speech. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I’ll not deny you are doing a good work, as we are to be as wise as serpents, and harmless as doves, and you have evidently been called to warn, having a special calling. Christian faith, ituttut.