1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What determines where you worship?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Hermeneut7, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Hermeneut7

Hermeneut7 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Hermeneut7

Hermeneut7 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother PB,
    I cut your message down to that one statement. It was a Primitive Baptist who I saw point out the following verse and call attention to it in a manner I'd never noticed:

“But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:” (2Ti 1:10 AV)

The gospel, the good news, brought the salvation purchased by Jesus Christ "to light". It was already salvation for the elect, who may not be able to believe it. One day I expect to see my 3 baby brothers who died in infancy without professing faith or having baptism!

The 2nd London Confession of Baptists states this as follows:

"Elect infants dying in infancy are regenerated and saved by Christ through the Spirit; who worketh when, and where, and how he pleases; so also are all elect persons, who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word." ( John 3:3, 5, 6; John 3:8 )

That is word for word the same in the Presbyterian Westminster Confession.

Of course if someone believes the error that the new birth is brought about by our faith, instead of the Bible teaching that our faith is the first grace coming out of our new birth, they'll never understand salvation in truth. :BangHead:

PB, I commend your patience to stay on this board. I'm about to drop out, being so frustrated with people who can't write a coherent sentence. Or they ignore not only the standard grammar in English translations, they ignore any grammatical guidance on the NT Greek from various scholars as well. I believe it more profitable to read from the Methodists, Baptists, Anglicans, Lutherans of old who are found at this site: http://www.studylight.org/commentaries/

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist