1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What did Apostle paul mean by Sin nature Galatians 5?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Nov 30, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

As he seemed pretty adament that believers still had to deal with it!

2. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

As long as we are in the flesh, we will be dual-natured creatures. Paul also called this nature a "law of sin" which his mind warred against & expressed his longing for freedom from our bodies of death. Anytime I feel discouraged by the temptations that assault me & the failure to live a perfectly holy life, I just read Romans 7 & then I feel MUCH better.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. (Rom 7:21-25)

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Amazing that some would say that Paul was not describing Himself there, even had some try to force seeing allagory between law and Grace there!