1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What did Bush do to stop the Murder of Babies?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Aug 31, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Almost nothing. Instead he added the murder of innocent Iraqis in a war of aggression.

2. TLB

TLB New Member

while i agree that Bush should have / could have done things differently with the war...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/11/20031105-1.html

#
    George W. Bush Signs Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act in 2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/08/obamas_christian_creds_vs_abor.html

This, "I don't want them punished with a baby," is perhaps the most self-revelatory statement Barack Obama has uttered in public since he began his campaign for the Presidency. It goes far beyond Bill Clinton's, "Let's keep abortion safe, legal and rare." It goes far beyond the "I personally object, but must allow choice in a pluralistic society" stand of both John Kerry and Hillary Clinton.

Why?

Because it goes to the personal. It goes to the extent of wholehearted approval of killing one's own grandchildren if they happen to have been conceived inconveniently.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

4. TLB

TLB New Member

no, i do not think bush is on our side....really and truly i don't think anyone in politics are on our side.:BangHead:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He did what he could do as 1/3 part of the government...he appointed 2 pro life supreme court judges.

6. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Republicans are noticeably quite about this post. If it was a Democrat that signed it, you can be assured that the Republicans on this board would be shouting from the rooftops about it.

#6 JerryL, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Bush is not a conservative any more than McCain is.

8. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I edited it to say Republicans. Lost my head for a second, just a typo.:laugh:

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Webdog has it right.

The argument that professing Christians use to justify their support for pro-abortion candidates that the Republicans have not outlawed abortion is really just a poor excuse and a lame argument. First off, not every Republican is pro-life, which is why it is important to nominate pro-life candidates. Secondly, the outlawing of abortion will look like this: (1) Once there is at least a 5-4 majority of justices that would likely overturn R v. W, it will be brought before the S.C., (2) after it is overturned, it will be up to the individual states to come up with pro-life laws, (3) and at that time, the battle will be at the state level, which is why it is also important to elect pro-life state officials. (4) This process can take a very, very long time - generations, in fact, because SC justices (and the lower-court judges) are there for life, so the turnover of justices moves at a snail's pace.

Now all of you professing Christians who are supporting Obama, please consider this: We are very, very close to having a majority pro-life Supreme Court. Electing Obama will halt this progress and maybe even cause it to regress (if Scalia were to retire). It has taken years to get to this point. And I realize that once R v. W is overturned, that the battle goes to the states and even more work will need to be done. I think of Wilberforce who fought his whole life to outlaw the slave trade. Some fights take generations to win, and giving up ground will cause the fight to go on further. We need perseverance and faithfulness in order to win this battle against evil.

#9 Andy T., Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Bush did several things, like the PBA ban and appointing some conservative justices. He did not do nearly enough. He did not add the murder of innocent Iraqis. That's simply an uninformed argument made out of desperation.

But more important, and perhaps you were not aware of this, but Bush isn't running this year. So to try to bring him into it is senseless, it seems to me.

11. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

This is a funny post. You could not even stay on the topic of your own subject line in your own opening post.:confused: :BangHead: :tonofbricks: :rolleyes:

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Cetainly not funny haha. It is a sad a twisted frame of mind.

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a member of this country's armed forces, I would like more clarification on this statement, please.

You have claimed I'm a murderer; please prove it.

14. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

As a Christian I don’t agree with any type of Abortion, but in regard to “Bush”, the federal government shouldn’t play a role in any issue regarding abortion and it certainly shouldn’t be up to the President whether it is Bush, McCain or Obama to decide.

I’m amazed at this bickering back and forth.

I’m peeved that I only have two (2) choices in November…Republican or Democrat. The American people have been “trained” that that’s all there is and that’s our only choice. Why is it that other parties can’t have the opportunity to be recognized nationally? Who’s really in charge of this circus…it’s defiantly not “we the people”.

In XC
    -

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Because family value to include pro-life is the republican parties platform. This is supposedly why the Evangelicals and family oriented American's support this party. I'm just asking what return they have gotten in the past for their support? How do they figure it will be different in Bush' third term (I mean McCain)?

16. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

But you didn't bring up the platform. If you meant to talk about the platform then do that.

PBA ban, SCOTUS justices, plus better policies all the eway around.

If you mean McCain then say that. And if you catch yourself making such an obvious mistake, then correct it by deleting it and typing what you mean. This silly notion that McCain will be a third term of Bush is ridiculous. I think overall it will probably be worse since McCain is more moderate, it seems to me.

I am not sure it will be different. Hopefully we will get good justices as we did with Bush, and some more steps in the right direction as we did with Bush. We will get neither of those with Obama.

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

Heres a question for the OP. What did he (bush)do to promote, insure, and further the murder of babies?
    Now if we ask this same question of Obama, we really find something there.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What, you have nails or something for breakfast?

Which is his platform so he was honest about it.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ouch!

Don't expect an answer , Don.

BTW Thank you for your service.:thumbs:

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Reminds me of Vietnam. Baby killer what the phrase back then.

I feel bad that we put our young men and women in this position...